Tube Choices for Recto/Rectified Module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droptrd

Reaction score
I recently got a Rectified module (thanks Geoffrey). What are the popular options for tubes in this module? It came with EH 12ax7s. the EH have always been one of my favs. I love experimenting with tubes. I tried a pair of NOS RCA 12ax7s. the bass was too big! Too flabby!(i should try one in V1 of the amp)

What are some other options?

I prefer the chinese c8 or c9 in this module...both slots.

I haven't tried the tubes mentioned.

But personally I'm currently using a Ruby in V1 and TungSol in V2, or maybe the other way around haha I don't recall I just remember using those two.

droptrd said:
JKD said:
I prefer the chinese c8 or c9 in this module...both slots.
Is that what the mesa "chinese" 12ax7's are?

I believe so...but their age will obviously reflect what version they are....unfortunately I can't tell the differences 'cept I know the ones I bought were labelled as 'c9' ...

I think the chinese tubes have the gain and agression that just makes my Grail or Recto sound more like 'the real thing'.

hey guys,
anyone tried putting in some real Mesa tubes in the module? i think i have some still from my former single recto head ... may be an option??

I grab unlabeled c9 from Doug's Tubes.
Lord Valve and Doug's for me... Eurotubes for JJ's (local pickup for me).

tonymustang302 said:
Are the tubes in the Pete modded recto's the stock ones?

And where can i get c8's or c9's.

Tony H.
Dougs tubes. Shuguang 12ax7 8th or 9th generation. the website says they are supposed to sound identical.

Thanks droptrd!!! :D Heres a cool website that my bud Dustin (The Hunter) turned me on to. It individually breaks down and describes each tubes characteristic. Hope this helps.

http://www.eurotubes.com/

I am not a fan of Bob Pletka and Eurotubes........but I do recommend a JJ in Slot 1 and a Chineez (Doug's tubes has these as mentioned in V2)...the JJ in V1 helps with buzz and noise.... :wink: