Tweaking the settings....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mailman1971

Reaction score
Ok,
I broke out some old modules I havent played in a while. Started messing with the settings on both the amp and modules. FAR DIFFERENT then I 'normally' dial in. WOW.... :shock:
Got some really WILD GREAT tones out that amp tonite.
You guys ever 'stray' from your 'normal' settings?
This amp is really ALOT more versatile than I thought.
I knew it was the jack of all trades...
but was getting some GREAT TONES today!

Mailman1971 said:
Ok,
I broke out some old modules I havent played in a while. Started messing with the settings on both the amp and modules. FAR DIFFERENT then I 'normally' dial in. WOW.... :shock:
Got some really WILD GREAT tones out that amp tonite.
You guys ever 'stray' from your 'normal' settings?
This amp is really ALOT more versatile than I thought.
I knew it was the jack of all trades...
but was getting some GREAT TONES today!
All the time :lol: I like to **** with ****! :lol:

Normally we go right into a JAM Session and I dont tweak the amp.
Played alone tonite and really was digging the TONE I was scoring!!
Long live MTS!! 8)

I usually have certain settings, like for my SL+ I put the gain about 1:00 for that boosted JCM800 feel, with the bass around 12:00-1:00, mids at 2:00, and treble either at 1:30 or 3:00 depending on what I'm doing. I usually don't like to have more than one knob facing the same way, but putting gain/bass/mids at 1:00 and treble at 3:00 it sounds pretty fat too.

For my Ultra XL, I actually have the bass at 10:00 ( :shock: ), mids 2:00 or a bit lower, treble 2:00 or a bit higher or lower depending on my tuning, and the gain is at 1:30-ish (settings I copied from In Flames :D).

What I've learned: It's not always a bad thing to have 2 or 3 knobs in the same position, and it's not a bad thing to turn ANY of them below 12:00, which I normally would avoid unless it's midrange :D