Ty Tabor Mod/Module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My desire for a "Gretchen module" is definitely bordering on the erotic and lustful.

Was that too much information? I suspect I am not alone.

When he used the Lab Series amp, he also had the Fender Elite Strat which had a mid boost circuit built into the active guitar electronics.

Just thought I'd update an old post....

I had a chance to talk to Ty a couple of weeks ago when Kings X performed at the Dallas Guitar show. First of all, Ty has always been one HELLUVA nice guy. My buddy and I chatted with him for about twenty minutes after the show and he was as nice as could be. Really got into gear talk too 8)

It's been said on here many times before (especially from Jeff) that the reason they didn't make a Ty signature model was because Ty didn't want people to be dissapointed if they couldn't get his sound. Ty pretty much confirmed it and said his tone comes from the way he plays, which I'm sure we can all agree with. Whats funny, is he said he didnt even play the Gretchen module at all that night. He was just happy with the module he was running through (EG5 I believe?)

I also saw the one and only Jeff Hilligan out there as well, but didn't get a chance to talk to him. I wanted to see if he is still doing some mods to the Randall modules, especially the XTC.

Oh, and another thing. Kings X put on an AMAZING performance. :twisted: