Ultra XL + Impluses feedback please

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
srrdude said:
chrism3006 said:
MYDEMISE said:
Your tone sounds better than the links. Can you post your settings? Thanks
Which then goes into logic and I used then "Engl v30 high presence" impulse from the sneap forum. Then abit of channel EQ:
Picture1.png

And finally I used another eq to remove abit more:
Picture2.png

That was where I was in the clip still need tweaking and so on.
If anyone thinks I'm doing something wrong or has any pointers that'd be great!

Hope that helps!

It's just an EQ plugin inside Logic.

What is this program? It seems like it would be good to analyze the sound coming out of our amps

hyenik said:
Good job.
With better drums and maybe a bit more clarity super job ;)

Thanks man, as far as clarity goes, Is that my Eqing? Or maybe too much gain? Drums are DKFH but I didnt spend long on them so there not great in this clip!

tonymustang302 said:
Dude you totally nailed the killswitch tone. I have one question. The squeels.....why do they sound so "fake?" They only sound like that on my old RM100, and not on the dual rec? Pete would you know?

Could be because I recorded it in parts because im lazy so it cuts of unaturally? They sound good to me live...

nixerx said:
adam dukewitz has nothing on you as far as sense of tone! I wish I could get a direct tone like that .... :shock:

Nice playing too...spot on!

Haha thanks man, but I'm not that good... yet :twisted: It's not hard, just use your ears!! I'l post some more clips when I get home tonight.

chrism3006 said:
hyenik said:
Good job.
With better drums and maybe a bit more clarity super job ;)

Thanks man, as far as clarity goes, Is that my Eqing? Or maybe too much gain? Drums are DKFH but I didnt spend long on them so there not great in this clip!

tonymustang302 said:
Dude you totally nailed the killswitch tone. I have one question. The squeels.....why do they sound so "fake?" They only sound like that on my old RM100, and not on the dual rec? Pete would you know?

Could be because I recorded it in parts because im lazy so it cuts of unaturally? They sound good to me live...

nixerx said:
adam dukewitz has nothing on you as far as sense of tone! I wish I could get a direct tone like that .... :shock:

Nice playing too...spot on!

Haha thanks man, but I'm not that good... yet :twisted: It's not hard, just use your ears!! I'l post some more clips when I get home tonight.

If you like those free impulses check out www.recabi.net! Ill post clips as soon as I get them.

nixerx said:
If you like those free impulses check out www.recabi.net! Ill post clips as soon as I get them.

I've been looking at those, but alas I have little money to spare atm :(

NEW CLIPS!!! :)

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7660472

See what you think of that, I think it sounds better than my previous attempt, but my ears have been a tad odd as I'm still recovering from a cold :(

So some outside input would be greatly appreciated :D

SacredGroove said:
New clip sounds good too! What IRs are you using?

Thanks I'm using the Engl V30 impulse from the ultimate metal forum, theres a link on this page:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production-tips/374503-anybody-got-engl-v30-impulses-2.html

chrism3006 said:
Hey,

I've been messing around using the line out from my rm100 (well the loop send) and then using cabinet impulses to mimic a power amp and cab. I just made a quick little sample of some KSE. Any Feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated! :D

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7582372

(PS Please excuse my sloppy playing :oops: )

NEW CLIPS!

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7660472

AHHHHH I see you are a fan of parkway drive my friend..... I Love them. Ive seen them every single time they came to chicago. Ever since i talked to them ive sold my gear and gotten what they use (mesa 4x12/5150/boost) cuz i love their tone. They recorded both cd's with a 5150 and voodoo modded 5150 (adam D's) Have you heard their very first cd? "dont close your eyes" you can totally tell how much better their tone got when adam d got involved.

tonymustang302 said:
AHHHHH I see you are a fan of parkway drive my friend..... I Love them. Ive seen them every single time they came to chicago. Ever since i talked to them ive sold my gear and gotten what they use (mesa 4x12/5150/boost) cuz i love their tone. They recorded both cd's with a 5150 and voodoo modded 5150 (adam D's) Have you heard their very first cd? "dont close your eyes" you can totally tell how much better their tone got when adam d got involved.

HELL YEAH!!! :D

I've been a fan ever since I first heard Killing with a smile after reading about it on the net. Seem em' 4 times now!!! But they're not over in the UK very much :(

I know what you mean! Just listen to the version of smoke em thats on "Don't close your eyes" and compare it to "Killing with a smile". Tone is soooooo much better.

Just posted a full cover of boneyards on my soundclick using the Ultra XL

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7661814

Check it out! :D

..and its not a style of music I am normally into. Well done, and great explanation of how you did it...a pic is worth a thousand words.
Great job.
GtrGeorge