Using PODXT as stompbox only.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AXCL

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck using a POD in line to use the "TubeScreamer" and some of the other basic effects. I tried the loop, but you can't add the overdrive as it sounds like crap and some of the other effects act quite poorly. Wah in the loop is way overstated. Delays, reverb chorus etc are nice in the loop though.

I've been experimenting running it pre RM100 (mostly into the Grecto). I can use the Wah again!

I've got everything turned off (AMP/Speaker Sim/Comp/Gate) I'm just trying to play with the TS Stomp to get a good boost. It's close, but it just does something to the tone that I don't like, but I can't describe it. I guess its thinning it out. Its not as FAT as running in direct.

Am I fighting a lost cause, or has anyone managed to get some good tones doing something similar.

Thanks!

Anybody ???

I know the POD's not designed for this and its all digital, so most people won't like it, but I'm just trying to find a way to buy some time before I can get some new FX to replace the POD.

Thx!

I owned a POD 1.0, 2.0, and currently a XT and X3 Live. The Screamer stomp module isn't very good. I can get a good Zakk Wylde tone out of it with a lot of EQ and delay, but that's about it. I would recommend the Rat or Metal Zone stomp effects, or just if you can afford it just use a real pedal.

I hear good things about the Maxon or Ibanez screamers, the Boss OD series, and also the Digitech Bad Monkey.