• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Voodoo 3Eb module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
A while back I had voodoo mods make me a custom module based around the sound of third eye blind's first album. Its similar to a JCM800 that's very touch sensitive and has a little bit of a voxy chime on the top end. Contrary to the HG and UG mods that voodoo does, this module is not super high gain. It's very a very organic tone that is more on the classic rock side of things. I've used it from third eye blind to buckcherry and there's lots of tone to be had. It also has two internal screws that can be adjusted to set how the gain feels while playing it.

It sounds similar to this tune-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKvWVyGKIKk

I seldom play this these days and would like to find it a better home. I'm asking $225 shipped and pp'd. I'm open to trade offers or trades plus cash.

Peace~

I have one, it is the lovechild of a vox and marshall love mine
This is awesome

The Rossness said:
A while back I had voodoo mods make me a custom module based around the sound of third eye blind's first album. Its similar to a JCM800 that's very touch sensitive and has a little bit of a voxy chime on the top end. Contrary to the HG and UG mods that voodoo does, this module is not super high gain. It's very a very organic tone that is more on the classic rock side of things. I've used it from third eye blind to buckcherry and there's lots of tone to be had. It also has two internal screws that can be adjusted to set how the gain feels while playing it.

It sounds similar to this tune-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKvWVyGKIKk

I seldom play this these days and would like to find it a better home. I'm asking $225 shipped and pp'd. I'm open to trade offers or trades plus cash.

Peace~

How would you say it compares to the JF PlexiTweed? I think you had one of those for a while...

I don't think it compares at all.. the PT is more on the fender side of things. On its marshall setting, its like a JTM45 with chopped treble and the gain gets thick.

The Voodoo really sounds nothing like a PT and has a totally different feel. Its really hard to compare the two. The PT gets cleaner, the Voodoo is better dirty. It's a Marshall with the top end of a vox. It sounds great when blended with a Vox, playing in stereo. That's how Kevin Cadogan did it in 3eb. By itself, its more jcm800, but has better feel and a nice top end chime.

The PT has no chime to speak of the the gain structure is pretty different.