Voodoo amps

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtr31

Reaction score
Just received my Voodoo mod back from Trace@ Voodoo .

my mod is a custom ..based on a UG Jose.
all the carbon resistors have been replaced to lower the noise.
trim pot installed that allows user to dial in how much gain is loaded in the circuit.
cool purple LED.
mid boost pull on the master

I would love to give it a long review But as fate would have it I have had a tube blow out in my power amp ..An El34 if you can believe it !!

So now I am stuck for a few days with my backup Mosvalve which obviously does not do the mod justice.

Before I review the mod ,I Really have to say what a great experience it was dealing with Trace .He really does care and is honest and easy to talk with .Emails and phone calls are returned within hours.

He is very honest about what can be done and what is going to be best for your needs .

One example is that I wanted a global mid sweep control from his Voodoo line .he worked on it , and due to the nature of the module it was not getting the sweep he wanted ,rather than just go ahead and install this he contacted me and told me that he was not completly happy with what it was doing and gave other options ..

During this the whole process .I never felt just like a customer ,I was never rushed off the phone ,there was no charge to the credit card upfront .

I had him search over hell's half acre to find me a purple LED ..which he did ,and at no charge might I add .Along with the trim pot installed on the board to allow the user to dial in how much gain is in the circuit .again Trace's cool idea ..no charge.

Oh yeah , the Mod .well it sounds freaking GREAT . it is a fat ,harmonically rich distortion ,that has a great feel .I will go more into detail when I get my power amp fixed this week.

Thanks Trace

Cheers!!!!