Wanna get talked into buying a mod? Ask in here....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mattfig said:
I thought it might be fun to use a thread dedicated solely to talking another forumite INTO buying a mod....

I want a JF Quickmod....Someone talk me into it...Please....

Dual Channel version on order. :D Possible delivery at the amp class in November. Shall I bring a MOD50? :lol:

crankyrayhanky said:
I have limited wants...but I want both of the above

Limited wants I can help with right away. Work it down to three or four faves and just give the rest away. The giving should preferably be to someone who gave you this freeing advice perhaps. You will feel a great relief as well as a strong pride in your good deed. I will gain tone and give you the wisdom of the ages if you like. I will take your burden and deal with it myself. You will be free to save kittens, teach class, drive tractors, whatever your Cranky-*** desires...

I am here to help.

drewiv said:
Mattfig said:
I thought it might be fun to use a thread dedicated solely to talking another forumite INTO buying a mod....

Dual Channel version on order. :D Possible delivery at the amp class in November. Shall I bring a MOD50? :lol:

Dual channels scare me. They are MTS-metaphorically the heroin to my rabid coke habit. I know it's coming and it's gonna be bad.

Matt, I met Rob and Jace at the amp show, and they showed me the QuickMod.... Oh boy... that thing was SWEEET! Deep switch.... presence knob... order now!

Mattfig said:

Hi Matt... you really need a Quickmod and a Brahma 39 and a 1959RR from Rob.... I do as well...without really being able to play them, you need all 3.... I do as well
and you really need more mods

I just pulled the trigger on an XMG. What do I do? I feel so helpless but it's a tone I know I could use. I know it. Right? I mean, Voxless, JF Grail, JF XTC, and SuperClean is all I have. And the last two haven't even gotten here. I don't have a problem man. I'm just trying to...oh God.

Jaymzrock said:
I just pulled the trigger on an XMG. What do I do? I feel so helpless but it's a tone I know I could use. I know it. Right? I mean, Voxless, JF Grail, JF XTC, and SuperClean is all I have. And the last two haven't even gotten here. I don't have a problem man. I'm just trying to...oh God.
Jaymz, you are doing just fine... in fact, you look like you are copying my module collection (which is totally cool, of course!) :D

I just picked up an XMG 2 weeks ago, and I'm digging it a lot. It reminds me of the Angel E that I had. It doesn't have quite as much midrange tweakablility, but it has the low end that the Angel lacks. And it doesn't need a noise gate, which is even cooler.

I remember how the real Splawn QR had a lot of buzz around one and I had to have it! Well I got one- two actually as the first one broke in shipping. it had 2 channels- the first one was clean and it sucked. The second channel had 3 gain stages called "Gears" of OD. I didn't really care for any of them, then again, I'm not much of a JCM800 fan, which it is based upon. It was also waaaaay too loud for me, which might be a positive for someone who plays bigger places, but it was beyond overkill. I did like how it felt. I could feel and hear that this was a tube amp - if that makes sense. So, if you want a JCM800 with cascading gain levels, get it, but for me, its just some other marshall mod.

The Rossness said:
I remember how the real Splawn QR had a lot of buzz around one and I had to have it! Well I got one- two actually as the first one broke in shipping. it had 2 channels- the first one was clean and it sucked. The second channel had 3 gain stages called "Gears" of OD. I didn't really care for any of them, then again, I'm not much of a JCM800 fan, which it is based upon. It was also waaaaay too loud for me, which might be a positive for someone who plays bigger places, but it was beyond overkill. I did like how it felt. I could feel and hear that this was a tube amp - if that makes sense. So, if you want a JCM800 with cascading gain levels, get it, but for me, its just some other marshall mod.
Um, you're in the wrong thread... this on is for talking people into buying a mod :D

So the rule on this thread is an acceptable sub module must be recommended if you don't care for the one being discussed? :wink:

Once you have them all, do they evolve to dualies? And what's after that stage... Oh... Modded dualies! Pokemod!

XMG, Quickmod, Voxless...I may have a problem. I want another 59RR...OMG, someone help me!

Yesterday I pulled out my Strat copy (something I rarely do) and spent a while jamming on it. Let me tell you, the Voxless LOVES a Strat. It sounds great with humbuckers too, of course, but the single coil pickups really bring out the jangle.

Riculus said:
XMG, Quickmod, Voxless...I may have a problem. I want another 59RR...OMG, someone help me!

You don't have a problem.

On the way-Mash-oldano, Dreadplate II, JF XTC, JF Texas special, JF 1959 Platinum, Stein+.

I want a Camerock next.

I would not call any of that a problem?

I would call them Solutions! I Love Switches!!!!!! :shock: