Wanna get talked into buying a mod? Ask in here....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oyster said:
Riculus said:
XMG, Quickmod, Voxless...I may have a problem. I want another 59RR...OMG, someone help me!

You don't have a problem.

On the way-Mash-oldano, Dreadplate II, JF XTC, JF Texas special, JF 1959 Platinum, Stein+.

I want a Camerock next.

I would not call any of that a problem?

I would call them Solutions! I Love Switches!!!!!! :shock:
You are fitting in here just fine :D

I am ordering another JF this week. I have what is in my sig but am in need of a clean tone.

Question: will the JF XTC in Plexi mod give me a usable clean or should I just go for the Texas Special?

The JF XTC's Plexi mode is a totally usable clean. It's not particularly distinctive, but it's nice enough to handle the occasional clean part. If you play clean more than occasionally, you'll probably outgrow it, though.

I have the XTC and the Texas Special. I would definitely go with the Texas Special. The XTC in Plexi mode is limited to one clean sound. The Texas Special has a bunch of different variations of clean that are all IMHO very usable.

Whoopysnorp said:
The JF XTC's Plexi mode is a totally usable clean. It's not particularly distinctive, but it's nice enough to handle the occasional clean part. If you play clean more than occasionally, you'll probably outgrow it, though.
This.

If you just need a generic clean, go for the JF XTC. If you need to remove all hair from it, just roll back your volume knob a bit, and it's really useful.

But if you are looking for some varied cleans, go for a SuperClean or Voxless. Or like Ricky said, a Texas Special.

gag halfrunt said:
Whoopysnorp said:
This.

If you just need a generic clean, go for the JF XTC. If you need to remove all hair from it, just roll back your volume knob a bit, and it's really useful.

But if you are looking for some varied cleans, go for a SuperClean or Voxless. Or like Ricky said, a Texas Special.

I don't know why I kid myself, I almost never play clean. I will probably just go for the JF XTC.

The Trilogy is tempting but I don't really play any type of metal that I can't get with the JF Scary or SG Fisch. I don't really need another Marshall'y module even though I would like to try a 59RR or the Quickmod.

Yep. The XTC may be the decision. Thanks for talking me in!

Well, the XTC is as Marshally as they come. The EV Trilogy would actually be more of a departure from what you already have than the XTC would be, IMO.

Whoopysnorp said:
Well, the XTC is as Marshally as they come. The EV Trilogy would actually be more of a departure from what you already have than the XTC would be, IMO.
Yes and no, imo.

I agree that you can get some Marshally sounds out of the JF XTC's low gain settings, and of course the Plexi side is total early Marshall. But the high gain setting on both the blue and red modes are unique (and not really Marshally), and definitely make the XTC my 'desert island' module.

If you don't have an RR get it...that goes for everyone one here...has turned into my cold dead hands module. I'm usually on stage 2 and for a few of the really heavy songs I just walk over and flip it to stage 3...only thing more awesome would be if I could switch via midi :shock:

I want a MarkX. I flipped a module to get 2 stockers modded, and bought an XMG from the classifieds all since mid-September. None of them have even ARRIVED yet and I'm still GAS'n hard for this module. URGH!!! Nope. Not gonna do it. Gonna be respoooonsible. Gonna let this phase pass and it'll be just...fine. I don't even have a donor right now anyway...so there, I don't really NEED a Mark right now. :? :? :?

Jaymzrock said:
I want a MarkX. I flipped a module to get 2 stockers modded, and bought an XMG from the classifieds all since mid-September. None of them have even ARRIVED yet and I'm still GAS'n hard for this module. URGH!!! Nope. Not gonna do it. Gonna be respoooonsible. Gonna let this phase pass and it'll be just...fine. I don't even have a donor right now anyway...so there, I don't really NEED a Mark right now. :? :? :?

Everyone needs a MarkX. .....I like it more then the last few Mesas I owned!

I believe that. Just that Salvos are a little rich for my account these days. A regrettable investment, no...just a leeeeetle outside my range. I'm getting back in the local circuit again so maybe after a steady influx of paying gigs then I'll justify the Salvation purchase. I really do like that there Stonerverb.