Weird noise

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evh5150

Reaction score
My rm100 sometimes gets a loud fuzzy crackling on the clean module. It sometimes stops after about 10 min. I also have xtc and sl+ without the forementioned issue. Us music Corp has no idea what it might be. Should I maybe mod it? :roll:

have you tried using the clean in a different slot? first rule of troubleshooting: isolate the problem. also if you are using any pedals or external units...remove them and just plug directly into the amp. i think i know the sound you are talking about...though i don't know what it can be off the top of my head. make sure you have the problem isolated and then we can move forward. also check the bias of each tube and make sure they are within the recommended range (listed in the manual). also make sure that the impedance switch is on the right value (according to your speaker load) and that the voltage selector on the back is set correctly (100, 120, 220, or 240)

How do I submit pics? I wonder if it's a transformer. It's fucked up in the back.

Nothing on standby. But I'm sorry I must correct myself. It's the blackface mod. I just switched spots with it and yes it's just that module. It kinda cuts in and out when I adjust the volume. I'm wondering if the head was dropped and messed up the module and the transformer. It was bought through us music Corp on a Closeout deal. My teacher is a dealer and he said it was like that when he bought it and before I bought it he apparently put fresh tubes in it all the way through

It's probably just a bad cap on the module, which would leak DC current. To be sure, you can check for DC voltage across the pots. That requires disassembling the module and reinserting it into the amp. You up for that?