What can be done to a bright switch

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Msfortin

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was anything that could be done differently with the bright switch on high gain modules. The bright switch seems to be more noticeable with low to mid gain modules but just doesn't seem to do much with something high gain. Is there a way to make it some sort of bass boost or gain boost & what would be a way to do it?

Great question! I also really wish this section of the board were more alive. Someone needs to spill on how the PCB works.

Msfortin said:
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was anything that could be done differently with the bright switch on high gain modules. The bright switch seems to be more noticeable with low to mid gain modules but just doesn't seem to do much with something high gain. Is there a way to make it some sort of bass boost or gain boost & what would be a way to do it?

Yeah, on high gainers the bright switch gets lost quick....I know Rob (Jaded Faith) uses it to be a gain boost...Or crunch/extreme so to speak...Works great how he does it...Though I'm guessing it's a trick of the trade...

It's also a great tight switch!

Msfortin said:

Without altering any traces, the bright switch can be easily used as a gain boost or cut. Which module did you want to use?

Let's go with BOOST! :) But in doing this, does that mean that your "bright off" channel has to be altered to sound more like the "bright on"? I def. notice that the bright switch does something on my modded Brahma and i like what it does. Wouldn't want to lose that base tone for example..

SacredGroove said:
Msfortin said:

Without altering any traces, the bright switch can be easily used as a gain boost or cut. Which module did you want to use?

I'd really like to do a switch on my brown or my SL+. Can it be don't to any module? I also have a plexi that could us a boost.

Msfortin said:
SacredGroove said:
Msfortin said:

I'd really like to do a switch on my brown or my SL+. Can it be don't to any module? I also have a plexi that could us a boost.

Bump for this information

ctgblue said:
Msfortin said:
SacredGroove said:
Msfortin said:

Bump for this information

Sorry about that. I've been meaning to get to this, but keep getting sidetracked. :oops:

ctgblue said:
it would be nice to know, because even on the JF Stein, it seems the bright switch does nothing at all
Is the mod in question equipped as a bright or boost on that switch? As a bright, the effect will be diminished greatly at gain settings above 10:00. It's even more pronounced on that mod because of the sweepable mids. If its a gain boost and not effective it's likely a broken switch.

Jaded Faith said:
ctgblue said:
it would be nice to know, because even on the JF Stein, it seems the bright switch does nothing at all
Is the mod in question equipped as a bright or boost on that switch? As a bright, the effect will be diminished greatly at gain settings above 10:00. It's even more pronounced on that mod because of the sweepable mids. If its a gain boost and not effective it's likely a broken switch.

it just says bright, so I figure it's the usual "high gain" loss of effect
it's the one I got from Brandon

i don't notice any efect of the bright setting on any of the gain modules I have, and barely notice it on the Deluxe and KH1