What Celestions go well with a RM4/Rt2/50 rig???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GtrGeorge!

Reaction score
I have a cab with 2-12" Celestion seventy 80s and I am not liking it. I played thru a Marshall 4-12cab at a rehearsal studio and I was really impressed..and I DIDN'T want to be. I think it had G12T-75s in it (many do)
So what Celestions would you recommend? (its for a 2-12 cab)

yeah, I am inclined to use V30s...
I really have been naive about speakers until now. Foolish me, it seems that there is alot of ways to go wrong.
I went to a store and they had a display where you could hear a v30, a G12-75, a green back, and some eminences (Govner, swamp thang etc etc)
I like the V30, although the 12-75 had more detail in its sound...

any thoughts?

I really dig the Celestion Neo speakers, I have used both the Century Vintage and the Randall ones. Great speakers and MUCH lighter.

speakers can make or break your sound.

metal = v30 x 75's

hard rock = v30's

old school = greenbacks

don't even get me started on the heritage series...balls! :twisted:

Mix of G12H30 and v30 in my Randall 4x12 and I love it...guess that won't work for a 2x12 since max. power handling would be 60W :-/

I have lost at like 3 ebay auctions so far...
cant find any V30 s at a decent price. Is their a popular cabinet that always has V30s in it? Maybe I can find that cab at a low price.

I swear there was a thread here that mentioned Warehouse speakers and that a lot of people prefer them to v30's and they're less than 1/2 the cost.

I have a JCM900 w/ g12-75's and 5150 w/ stock Sheffields and they go really good together. Both are completely different, but compliment each other well. Some day I plan to experiment with x-patterns in both boxes with both speakers.

V30's changed my life. Dialed out a lot of harsh mid/high frequencies.

They sound great with all my preamps. I find mid-gain modules like the brahma sound great with it too and I have no trouble dialing good classic rock tones too.