What effects multi-processors do you use?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, I took the plunge on the G Major. It's a little too digital sounding, but I'm tweaking up my own presets right now. It does seem to work out well but I have to put in the time to tweak it.
The compressor/noise gate on it just totally sucked the life out of the original signal, so unless I'm dialing a country spank or a funk rhythm thing, I usually turn those off.
My old road tested Alesis Quadraverb still has some life left in it, I run it in my other MTS amp, very nice natural sounding effects with the delay/chorus.

+1 on the AxeFX (pics of my rack are in the Rigs section). Mine is set up 4CM.

I'm selling my SE70, LXP5 and a grip of pedals because the Axe is that good.

Robert

tung said:
well, I took the plunge on the G Major. It's a little too digital sounding, but I'm tweaking up my own presets right now. It does seem to work out well but I have to put in the time to tweak it.
The compressor/noise gate on it just totally sucked the life out of the original signal, so unless I'm dialing a country spank or a funk rhythm thing, I usually turn those off.
My old road tested Alesis Quadraverb still has some life left in it, I run it in my other MTS amp, very nice natural sounding effects with the delay/chorus.

The Quadraverb was my first FX unit and I think it was the best. I've been through so many others since my Quadraverb died, but none came close to the sound and kind of FX I could create. I've considered getting another one, or two because I'm so disappointed in newer FX units. I like Rocktron, though, but TC's modulation is just too sterile.

BUMP

i'm looking at either a rocktron intelliflex or a tc g-major ....

what are your thoughts on these unit's ?? which is better/worse

i would be running it after the rm4 into the power section

I have a Rocktron Intelliverb, and its killer!! Sounds so good its actually in my studio rack right now, and Im looking for a cheap Intellifex to use with my guitar rig. :lol:

OK, bash away..
I am not fan of the TC GMajor/GForce series. Well, not as a primary FX unit. I like "analogue warmth," and IMO, they are missing it (rightfully so). For "neutral" digital effects, cool. In front, no way. With a "slave" setup for w/d/w or similar, I would probably still want something less sterile.

Axe FX.. I bought one, tried it for the trial period, and sent it back. It is an INCREDIBLE piece of gear. I do not care for modellers, and hard as I tried, it would not do it for me. However, with this one, it was only the preamp section that fell short. In front, I did not care for what it did. I do not think I have ever used a piece of digital equipment in front of an amp that did work for me. Boss DDL, rack gear, etc. As a post-pre unit, this is tops. If I had the $$$, and did not need to spread the budget across an amp or amps as well, it would have stayed. Oh- the "DI speaker emulation"? Not for me either. I still wanted to run the output to an amp and mic my cabs.

Rocktron... Replifex would be my first choice, and I would likely want to pair an INtellifex with it. Analog front end, very nice. Digitech 2101, believe it or not, would be another choice. Post-pre, Axe FX, Korg A3 (or A1, A2), or my trusty SGX 2000 (hope you didnt laugh and have drink spray out your nose :D ). For specific sounds, the Yamaha SPX series is nice as well. Of course, the Line 6 rack stuff was brilliant, and some of the Lexicon stuff is very nice.

Up front, pedals. Post-preamp.. stuff that "retains tone." Post-power/slaved.. almost anything. I like character, but if I cannot "paint well with it," it won't matter if every guitar god has used it. And in that lies the rub: until you try it, you will never know. It is the most frustrating and costly aspect of GAS/tone chasing. I have a set of "brushes" to paint with that I really like... but, I love trying new paints... canvases... charcoals.. :D

Nikki, which firmware on the axe? They are up to 6.06 now, and 6 had some *major* changes tonewise. :) I liked 5.0 just fine, but I love 6.

I've been thinking about a G-major, but it's kinda old tech now. I've tried MFX units like the POD and haven't been able to bond with them. Preamp models still sound too digital to me. Haven't had the money to chase the Axe FX.

So I ended up with this:

NewPedalBoard.jpg

The Decimator G-string goes first, then again in the loop.

Before amp input: Tuner > Wah > TS808

Serial Loop (I'm keeping it simple): EQ > Whammy > Flanger > Delay > Sonic Stomp

Pretty basic. This is all I use out of a shelf full of FX pedals. So do I even need a MFX unit? Granted it would be easier to lug around a POD X3Live.

Whats an "effects multi-processor"? LOL! Im still old school. Im still on a pedal board

I Have the G-system. :D with an Egnater M4 in loop 5 fulltone fat boost in loop 1 maxon od808 in loop 2 bk tube driver in loop 3 and a boss GE-7 eq in loop 4 but the eg makes noise so i might replace it with an mxr eq. or put my Hartman germanium fuzz pedal in front and shift the other 3 pedals down. the G System is transparent and my setup is whisper quiet, even on high gain mods and pedals.

okstrat said:
Nikki, which firmware on the axe? They are up to 6.06 now, and 6 had some *major* changes tonewise. :) I liked 5.0 just fine, but I love 6.
5.x

The problem with *most* digital boxes for me is the ADC. For some reason, it does not feel right. I would say "all" but have not tried every one, so I cannot say that every one will do so... for me. Using a preamp (such as an RM4) up front with the Axe was great. The effects are great, and with some "magic," patches can do some incredible things. Emulating other gear thru (clever) use of certain pieces in the chain(s) is fun. The Ultra is such a sweet piece of gear.

Now that I have my heart (and head) set on the RM4, I would love to have an Ultra, and also round out my pedals for front end. Although the Axe can do pedals well, I still run into the "front end" aspect. I am just far too finicky when it comes down to what is in the chain before the preamp. I also prefer a very dry setup most of the time, so the Axe needed to be "it" for the modelling side, plus be able to be up front, and then "direct to disk" would have been the icing. For now, the neighbors will simply have to deal with the noise :D

4-5 pedals, RM4 (and the modules I have), plus the Axe Ultra would be my dream rig right now.

Do you have the Standard or the Ultra btw? (the Ultra was worth it just for the pig patch..lol..)

I use either a G-Major in the RM4 parallel loop or a BOSS GT-Pro with the RM4 in the GT-Pro's loop. The G-Major setup doesn't mess the the RM4 tone but the GT setup is more flexible.