What exactly is the 'Ultra Lead' module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awake77

Reaction score
How does the Ultra Lead differ from the Ultra and UltraXL? There's not much info on it, but from what I gather it's not even related. Anyone have any more information on this mod?

Although I have not personally played one, I have read that it is great for smooth, round lead tones. I often hear it compared to Steve Vai's singing leads and others such as Eric Johnson and Santana. Therefore, it has less gain than the Ultra and Ultra XL.

I like it, but i think its an unusual module in that its really not the others..its an Original Randall sound. I recall that Randall said so a few years ago..
Anyway its very high gain, very smooth and probbaly best for soloing for many (maybe most) guitarists.
I can see the Santana reference..but he really doesnt sound like an Ultra..he is,however, just as much distortion.
I think Vai is a better description, like his soloing in Whitesnake years ago.
Its a cool module. I think it has a compressed dynamic range..but many will like that (if they notice it at all) for soloing.

its based on the Egnater IE4 ch 4 . I have a Egnater single channel .

it sings In low gain it very Santanaesque ,Gilmourish .in higher setting more like Vai .

A lot of the Tones are similar to early VH as well to my ears .it is more Browned out Marshall smooth highs thick mids