What is a TV module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's my understanding that both chanels are the same...it's not like a twin/deluxe, there isn't a "Vox side" and a "Twin side". It's a twin with vox eq, I've never heard one...but my twin module wouldn't really break up at all. Unless the eq changes something...my guess would be little to no gain at all.

If that's the case, it will probably be up for sale again very soon :)

It's a really smooth sound like a Twin but sounds great for chiminess....it's got the Metallica RJC down for certain.

Otherwise, yes, both channels are the same and are not really meant for the gain.

It's indeed a Twin gain and VX eq in 1 module.
Both channels are equal just like the Twin module.
You get same gain in both modules, but the TV is thicker sounding with less 'bell'. It's an 'expensive', thick, woody, chimey sound.

So channel 1 on the T/V module does not equal the channel 1 on the Twin module?

I called Egnater today and verified the info on the T/V. It's kind of custom deal that is a Twin module with Vox eq on both channels. So not Twin and not Vox on either, but a combination of both of them on both channels. Not sure that's going to be what I am looking for, so it will probably be back on Ebay soon.

jarrett said:
I called Egnater today and verified the info on the T/V. It's kind of custom deal that is a Twin module with Vox eq on both channels. So not Twin and not Vox on either, but a combination of both of them on both channels. Not sure that's going to be what I am looking for, so it will probably be back on Ebay soon.

Exactly how is that different from what we've told you???

I understand that - but he went on to then reiterate everything we'd said as if we didn't say it even after mentioning that we own the module.

Lots of discussion about the T/V brings up a good point...

Does anybody have the means to create some T/V demo clips? :)

--B

Iconoclysm said:
I understand that - but he went on to then reiterate everything we'd said as if we didn't say it even after mentioning that we own the module.

Just accidentally saw this thread. Sorry guys, I didn't mean to offend. There were just some mentions of "as I understand" in the comments which I took to mean that everyone wasn't completely for sure on what the T/V module was. So I went to the horse's mouth and they verified everything you said.

I've been buying guitar gear for a long time and there is lots of accidental misinformation out there about everything, so I find it doesn't hurt to call the builder and find out his take on what the deal is. No offense intended.