What Kind of Amps did Skrape use?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoD21

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Skrape's first CD-New Killer America? Anyone have any idea what kind of amps they were using at the time.

Song is "What you say"
http://new.music.yahoo.com/skrape/

http://apps.facebook.com/ilike/artist/Skrape/track/What+You+Say?apv=1&_fb_q=1

Seriously? I have heard some 5150's but not like that. The tones are extreme cheeze grater with all right frequencies. Totally percussive. Could use a module that sounds like that.

I also remember "the" guitar player using Gibson flying Vs, which are bright and crunchy like an Explorer. Not sure about the keys/guitar player. Machine Head has similar tones and they use 5150s too.

The Ultra XL should get you close to the 5150.

I thought I read on the forum here that getting either the Ultra or Ultra XL modded is pretty cool?

buy an ultra module and change r-25, to a 47k, its a 5150/6505 all day, i had a 6505 on top of my rm100 and went back and forth, they were identical, except i got a nicer low end from the randall cause it has kt -88's, that was the only difference, a stock ultra can't do it and an ultra xl can't do it, it cost like not even a dollar to do the mod, of everything i been through with this amp my modded ultra does it for me, but then again my pete modded kh-3 will be here tommorrow :twisted:

i told him i wanted, more gain, better clarity, less dryness, no shrilly high end, and a more liquidy type feel overall, i give a full review tommorrow

just got done playing my pete modded kh-3, it has mad gain :twisted: , and totally rulz in everyway so far, taking it to practice tonight, i thought my modded ultra was the best tone i was going to get from the randall, but pete's kh-3 is awesome, and has this beat, it just has evrything i wanted in my tone, i 'm speechless as to hpw to describe the tone, and i can't make clips yet so. its not dry at all anymore i can say that, and so far it sounds like it definetley will cut through as well. so far it sounds like a straight up brutal metal tone all the way around. now i just need someonne to sell me a cheap clean module and i'm set :wink: thanks pete it was worth the wait.