What pedal to nudge the XTC?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chameleon2112

Reaction score
I am kinda liking the stock XTC I have but I would like to have a little more saturation and thickness. Anyone who is boosting this module, what pedal are you using? Thanks!

The XTC is turning into my favorite module.

I use a TS9 (808 mod) to boost my XTC. I've also used a MXR MicroAmp. Currently, I have a high gain tested Ruby in the V2 spot, as well. It's a great balance of thick gain and sustain.

Here's a clip with the MicroAmp. Pickup is a ScreaminDemon--medium output.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=754138&content=songinfo&songID=7011986

That sounded great! I have a tubescreamer that I got back around 81-82. Seems like it thins the tone out. That Microamp sounded nice though!

chameleon2112 said:
That sounded great! I have a tubescreamer that I got back around 81-82. Seems like it thins the tone out. That Microamp sounded nice though!

Thanks a lot!

I also had a .001uf orange drop in C3, so with the MicroAmp being a clean boost it added just enough low end and still be tight. :D

You could also try a Maxon od808.

My favorite pedal to nudge any of my modules is a Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive. You can dial in as much of the original signal as you want so it can be very transparent but thickens things up nicely. It's like adding another stage of gain to whatever tone you already have without jacking with the eq too drastically.

I use a Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion. Color knob allows you to blend overdrive and distortion for some cool tonal variation.

if your on a budget the danelectro cool cat transperant overdrive is a steal .... and it sounds great too ...oh did i mention it's TRUE BY PASS and it's only $40 !!! out of the box ....lot's of rummours on the net about these little puppies too... i use it all the time for boosting on anything!!!