What regular Module sounds like a Mr Scary?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am planning to get an MTS 50 or MTS 100 and will be getting a Blackface for the clean and an XTC for the lead. If I get an MTS 100, I will be needing a rhythm module that sounds like a boosted 80s Metal tone ala Vivian Campbell's tone on the Holy Diver album or Jake E Lee's tone on Bark At The Moon.

Those 2 discs were part of my younger days big time...I don't think that any of the modules I have get that specific Bark at the Moon tone, maybe the SL+.

Holy Diver does not have a lot of distortion, so I'm not sure since I never dial it down that far!

Vilhelm J.S Bachstein said:
I am planning to get an MTS 50 or MTS 100 and will be getting a Blackface for the clean and an XTC for the lead. If I get an MTS 100, I will be needing a rhythm module that sounds like a boosted 80s Metal tone ala Vivian Campbell's tone on the Holy Diver album or Jake E Lee's tone on Bark At The Moon.

for the record,those two albums are among the best 80's metal albums of all-time.killer songs! ...but to answer your question,the SL+ module is what you want - 100% !!!

goldwing68nv said:

for the record,those two albums are among the best 80's metal albums of all-time.killer songs! ...but to answer your question,the SL+ module is what you want - 100% !!!

A Dave Friedman modded SL+ NAILS the Bark at the Moon tone. It's scary....

I've no doubt that Pete could get a SL+ module there too. Now I don't know how an unmodded SL+ fares because When I bought my SL+ I had it shipped to Dave.

Hey, I am wondering what module sounds like a Mr Scary.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Mr Scary was meant to be a SLO100 type tone. I know that it's not identified anywhere in the Randall advertising (unlike Grail = Lynch's Recto, Brahma = modded Plexi), but for that era I thought George was using SLO100's.
Cheers

Smokey said:
Hey, I am wondering what module sounds like a Mr Scary.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Mr Scary was meant to be a SLO100 type tone. I know that it's not identified anywhere in the Randall advertising (unlike Grail = Lynch's Recto, Brahma = modded Plexi), but for that era I thought George was using SLO100's.
Cheers

i'd say that's about right...forum member "khingpynn" had commented the exact same thing,once before,on a separate thread.i believe he has a Soldano Hot Rod amp and mentioned that the MR SCARY was VERY,VERY close to it,tonewise.definately "Soldano-ish"...a great module,that's for sure!

btw,+1 on the Dave F "modded" SL+...that's a "killer" too!!! it's kind of a "cross" between a stock SL+ and a MR SCARY,imo...