Which foot pedal for RM50?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one of the Salvation Mods pedals with the boost control.
http://salvationmods.com/index.php?page=rm50-salvation-footswitch
I had to have Rob modify it as it had a really bad buzz ( a bit of a design flaw) and now I am in love with it. So it has two buttons plus a volume pot. One button is for the boost and the other switches channels. It even has two LEDs on it!
RM50s came with reverb and it uses the parallel loop to run it. And I agree with everyone....the reverb sucks so I use outboard gear on it

i have a couple things I am trying to unload on ebay and craigslist. If the Salvation footswitch is still available when I get some money in, I will definitely be interested!

The switching circuit and the audio circuit ground to different points in the chassis. When using a y-cable with a common ground like the Salvation Mods pedal uses, a mild ground loop is created. The circuit needs to be modified to have independent grounds and they need to go through their own cable runs back to the amp.

Rick and Jay both brought this to my attention in the same week last year. I had custom built a switch for Jay and Rick had received the Salvation unit. I thought they were nuts until I got both units in the shop and checked things out on a scope. I confirmed the situation with Bruce as well.

I suppose if you primarily run higher gain preamps and gate things to hell and back it won't be a major issue for you because the gate will mute things when you don't play. It was really annoying with low and mid gain tones.

I think Anthony makes the pedals with separate grounds now. (If he didn't before)

If you look at the Salvation pedal in the classifieds it has a Y cable. If you look on the Salvation website the cable is hardwired.

I was wondering if this is what was being talked about. I actually made my own pedal. At 1st with a common ground and then later with separate grounds. Even the one with separate grounds had a slight humm. I found a way to reduce it. It's a bad amp design. It shouldn't be so difficult to make a switch box for an amp and require redundant wiring. I've often wondered why I've never been able to find a randall pedal for it. I figured this was probably the reason.

Removed the back today-no reverb and no screw holes in the bottem of the cabinet either! If the amp came with reverb, how was it affixed? Velcro and double sided tape?