Winged =C= EL34+6L6 Test (clips inside)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like them all ,, especially the way they were used. ( not just metal )
what was the gain on the scary?...sounded a little lower than im used to hearing it...

Gain on the Mr. Scary was probably 1:30-2 oclock, just a bit past half, the 6L6's seem to give a bit more head room so I cranked it up just a touch, but barely.

Hey Rec,

It's just one SM57 straight into a ghetto pro tools MBOX.

Cab is a Marshall Straight 4x12 of V30s, 1960BV.

Haha, I've got it sitting over here just haven't plugged it in yet. I dunno, theres something that just doesn't do it for me with that mod, it's cool... but I almost like the low gain clean from the Brahma better! I'll try and get a high volume clip of the V tomorrow.

yea, im beginning to agree about the clean ofthe brahma...thats why im intrested in the clip... make me change my mind..lol

Awesome, man! :D It sounds like the EL34's give the modules a bit more rock CLANG to em, clearer bottom, and maybe slightly sweeter upper mids.

Yea they def change the sound a bit. I actually have been toying around with it and realize in that clip I had the 6L6GC's biased to cold, I was running them at 36mv, but since they are GC's and not just 6L6's I needed to bump them up to about 45mv, it was a noticable improvement in warmth and fatness, also I moved them to the outside and much more like the feel of the amp now!

Hey,

I'll try and get some new clips up when I get back in town. Down in Miami right now... and omg Anna Kournicova is so hot in person, and taller, whys she gotta be with Enrique???

- Anyway, the 6L6's are a lot tighter in the middle with a very flat compressed feel to them not spongy at all, the EL34's give you a more spongy feel and seem to be more dynamic and less compressed. Whichever tube you run in the middle seems to give the amp more characteristics like that specific tube.

So did you dial them hotter in the middle before swapping them to the outside to test it, I guess?

Also, I read in the RM100's manual that 5881 tubes (aka the 6L6GC) have the same range as regular 6L6s. Where did you learn that they should be higher up?