• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - VoxLess, MatchVox, Twox, JF XTC

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovebandits said:
Can you please tell me about the JF Blackout??!!! Pics?!! Thanks!!

I'm not looking to trade, if that's what you're after? I'm happy with the three mods I have at the moment, just want to try a couple different flovors.

But, the Blackout I got in trade (my SL-OD100) with another forum member (Jaymzrock). It was originally a base-modded Grail mod, but then recieved many additions, updates, tweaks ,etc. Jaymz was after the Recto tones of Mark Tremonti (Alterbridge era) and Benjamin Burnley (Breaking Benjamin). Rob nailed those tones for sure. It is very obviously a Recto-type mod, has a tight switch (bass boost/cut), and a Red/Orange Recto voicing-type switch. I asked Rob what he thought it most turned out like, and he responded that it is most like his Erect, but meaner and with more gain. It is definitely a killer, brutal mod - I love it! It does the Recto thing great, but has more bite - maybe kind of a hybrid tone between a Recto and Mark-Series. I only use it for my heavy tone, and while I very much value versatility it does what it does very well. My only gripe is the faceplate. I'll likely send it to Rob for a facelift when I can find a few week period that I can live without it! In any case, I dont think I'd be willing to part with it for anything but maybe a SG Diablo - or if I find a non-Recto type metal tone that I prefer. And, in both cases I'd want to try out the possible replacement before getting rid of the Blackout.

Here's a pic from one of Jaymzrock's recent posts:

3F9AC36E-102E-4782-9235-6DD6332D2901-7073-0000083A00BE1E46.jpg