xtc mod clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
Just goofing around... some Pat Benetar! :)

Modded XTC module with 'red' mod, little bit of 'verb, that's it. Korina McCarty PRS guitar, VERY low volume. However, you can get controllable feedback with this module at very low volumes. It's a bit gainier than stock.

http://members.cox.net/okstrat/hitmextc.mp3

I see several people have checked it out - do you hate me, pat benetar, or both? ;)

Pete

Sounded bad *** to me man, wish I could play like that.

Gotta get those modules to you.

I checked it out and laughed out loud- funny because the opening arpegio and playing was such a cool modern update. The tone is great

I think I have this record somewhere in my Mom's basement :p

okstrat said:
I see several people have checked it out - do you hate me, pat benetar, or both? ;)

Pete

Hahaha..because it was Pat, don't really have a frame of reference..never listened to her stuff.

It sounded like you had fun though :D Was kinda hard to hear the a lot of the rhythm stuff when I took a quick listen yesterday...I need to listen to the leads again but no speakers here....definately gainer than stuff you posted before though..maybe that thinned it out in places?

sounded great

I think the lighter rythm really sounded great too. The lead was a bit too bright for my taste, but I am sure that can be eq'd anyway.

Rhythms were already on the track, it was the lead only. ;)

JKD - yeah, it is a hair thinner, but the 'real' bogner is thinner than the module, at least mine is.

Ray - I hadn't heard the song in about 10 years, I knew he did SOMETHING there, I figured a sweep would cover it up.

Thanks for the comments guys. It is gainier for sure, that was at talking volume and about 6 feet from the cab, I was getting all sorts of gnarly controllable feedback with no boost pedal.

Pete

JKD said:
It sounded like you had fun though :D Was kinda hard to hear the a lot of the rhythm stuff when I took a quick listen yesterday...I need to listen to the leads again but no speakers here....definately gainer than stuff you posted before though..maybe that thinned it out in places?

I'm noticing that if you want clarity, you can't have thickness... my Bogner is real chewy, but there is a midrange 'dip' in there that does add to the clarity, imho anyways. The stock module is thicker, and some people may prefer that - but the 'real' Bogner is more articulate imho.

Pete

okstrat said:
JKD said:

I'm noticing that if you want clarity, you can't have thickness... my Bogner is real chewy, but there is a midrange 'dip' in there that does add to the clarity, imho anyways. The stock module is thicker, and some people may prefer that - but the 'real' Bogner is more articulate imho.

Pete

Yep..always felt the stock XTC was too thick to make a really great rhythm module..just didn't do it for me..probably why I bought and sold one three times..I suck at leads.

The modded one I had from you before (push/pull voicing) corrected this at least :D

I've heard you do the smooth lead tone on your newer mod too..which is cool, although I think the effects may be helping some with that..the stock XTC has an edge that made it too harsh (for me) with my JEM

Rich, works fine for me, don't know what to tell ya. Send an email to okstrat(at)cox.net and I'll send a few back to you that way. :)

Pete