XTC not working

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RADE01

Reaction score
My XTC was working fine and sounding great a day ago, but I put it in today and there's no bass/body and not much volume. It's the same in all three slots but seems to cut in and out with more volume and bass when I push or pull the whole module a bit. Swapped the preamp tubes, not them. Any ideas?
I'm pretty sure nothing appears to be broken if you check these pics
IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

I just swapped my 47k resistor in R14 (I think) for a 39k, just for a change, popped it back in and got it working but I don't think that was the problem. It's still a bit touchy when you push or pull the knobs, around the middle knobs I think more so. It's like the whole module has a dodgy connection somewhere, is this a common problem with some older modules? Because I bought an SL+ at the same time years ago and had a similar sounding problem back then. They ended up replacing the mid pot, but I had to mod the SL+ myself to make it sound good, because it came back sounding like a pos.

Shinozoku said:
Put another washer between the pots and the mounting plate :)
There's two on each pot already, but yeah I should try that. Thanks.
It sounds great when it's got full sound.

I took one washer off of each knob from the back of the faceplate. Seems all good now. It seems it was something to do with the position of the pots, maybe they were being pulled in a way they didn't appreciate. Thanks for the tips.