• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

xxx

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scorch arrived today. Awesome packing job!

I got to fire it up a few minutes before work. Not as much gain as I was expecting, but it has a ton of body. A little dry in a good way. But OMG the bass response! Huge! Yet not flubby at all, very tight fast response. In my little RM20 combo with density and bass @ noon I would be comfortable saying it was on par with my old T-Rec through a 212, just much faster response. I'm gonna like this.

sepherus said:
Scorch arrived today. Awesome packing job!

I got to fire it up a few minutes before work. Not as much gain as I was expecting, but it has a ton of body. A little dry in a good way. But OMG the bass response! Huge! Yet not flubby at all, very tight fast response. In my little RM20 combo with density and bass @ noon I would be comfortable saying it was on par with my old T-Rec through a 212, just much faster response. I'm gonna like this.

I try to take great care packaging all my goods, thanks for appreciating the care. Nothing worse than receiving a module with a broken pot. :cry: It's easily preventable - spend a couple more dollars on packaging materials and a few more on shipping it in a larger box. In the end it will save you money and anguish.

Glad you like it. Surprised you were expecting more gain. :shock: It's was pretty gainy to my ears. Then again, I'm kind of stuck in the 80's as far as guitar tone goes. :lol:

Yeah, I'm into anything from jazz to brutal death metal. My first real amp was a 5152 though. Unlike the 5150 series (or many other high gain modules I've tried) all the gain on this is usable, even with a boost.

Drew rocks! I got my Needham Dragon today in the mail as well and packing was top notch - I really dig the box it was it too where did you get that?

Dragon has a lot of versatility which I dig - may upgrade it to Ultra or XL dragon for bit more gain in future. Snag up these modules guys and help Drew out, can't get any better than dealing with him!

Disciple said:
Drew rocks! I got my Needham Dragon today in the mail as well and packing was top notch - I really dig the box it was it too where did you get that?

Happy it made it safe and sound. I get the boxes and matching Bubble Bags at Uline.

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-13363/Indestructo-Mailers/8-x-6-x-2-Indestructo-Mailers

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-10551/Bubble-Bags/8-x-10-Bubble-Bags-Open-End

Absolute necessity when you have as many modules as I have (you wouldn't believe me if I told you). They are very durable, reusable, easily labeled, and fit perfectly in the rubbermaid containers I use to store all my modules.

Also, great for shipping. A little more bubble inside the box, a ton of cushion outside, pack in medium sized USPS priority box - nearly indestructable.

Glad you like the module too.

Drew is a great guy, for sure. And he treats his gear better than most people treat their grandmothers. It's a little sad to hear that he's selling some modules.

I added flipping signs and flashing lights to sell this. C'mon it works in Vegas.
Picture046.gif

drewiv said:
I added flipping signs and flashing lights to sell this. C'mon it works in Vegas.
Picture046.gif
Just saw that and wanted to comment "it looks like vegas in here" ****! :lol:

Possible last bump. Still for sale at the moment, but I may just end up keeping them if I don't get takers soon. I'll be in Las Vegas until Tuesday, so if I don't respond to your PM - you know why.

(Home protected by two very loyal pit bulls, a shepherd and a 357. Wife isn't as good of a shot as I am, but she'll hit ya at 20 feet. :lol:)

drewiv said:
(Home protected by two very loyal pit bulls, a shepherd and a 357. Wife isn't as good of a shot as I am, but she'll hit ya at 20 feet. :lol:)
*starts developing iron man suit* :lol:

I wish I had the money man, that curve is just too awesome!
(as in.. to buy it, not to develop an iron man suit :) )

m0jo said:
I wish I had the money man, that curve is just too awesome!
(as in.. to buy it, not to develop an iron man suit :) )

Okay, now THAT was funny!

cold Machine said:
Was that Brown module mine at one time?

Yes, I traded you the Brown in partial payment for your Marshall 9100. You then traded it to 'mfshockey' and I bought it back from him for another test drive. I didn't have it very long before I traded it to you and wanted to try it again. Same results, very cool, but the MashAll+ and Voodoo HG Jose have the sound pretty well covered.

Jaded Faith Tread Plate, and all modules listed & pictured, still available...