Yay! Finally got a modded module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felineguitars

Reaction score
Thanks to a deal with Katash I got myself a Gigmods brown!

Sounds great - did a bit of valve changing to see what sounded best in there
Had great fun blasting away with my Lp tonight - loaded with Bare Knuckle VH2s of course!

Tried my Charvel too but the Duncan Blackout was a bit much through it - I preferred the passive low output pickups through this baby.

Nice smooth transaction with Max (Katash) too - recommended!

Think I fancy trying a couple of Salvations next - maybe a Loneclean , Salvado deluxe and an Angel (just as soon as my finances improve)

+1 . . . I love my Gigmods Brown!! 8)

felineguitars said:
did a bit of valve changing to see what sounded best in there
What tube config did you settle on? I've got a Tung-Sol in V1 and a Penta Labs 12AX7B in V2.

currently enjoying a Ruby High gain in V1 (left) and a EH in the other slot (right)

May try a Groove Tubes 12AX7M PAIR - Or use a NOS mullard I have

If anything I dont want too much gain going on or else I lose some of the range on the gain control as it all gets a bit sqealy and is more gain than classic EVH

Having fun pairing it up with an Egnater T/D and Randall SL+ and Mr Scary Modules in my Egnater M4.

Tonight it's been a mix of Van Halen, Dokken, Kiss, Great White, Scorpions, UFO and MSG getting murdered by me

Yey I'm glad to hear you enjoy the Brown Jonathan... =)

What this is your first modded module? I TOOK YOUR VIRGINITY???? :D
You see it's not so bad :wink:
Have fun with the Brown and the oncoming modules ; )

Hi, My first Modded module was just two weeks ago. I went with a loneclean. It's a great clean and can get plenty gritty too! The voicing switches are the s@#t. AJ