Zeppelin and AC/DC Sounds

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julia is so right..good to see her posting again.
I agree you can get all kinds of great tones from modded modules..but If I was in your shoes..I think its just wiser and more cost effective to have a JTM Module for Angus tones, a Plexi for Pages work and 2nd Plexi set for higher gain for solos by Page. (for ac/dc solos Id go from the JTM to the stock plexi for the additional boost and gain needed. He is a fine player and doesnt use much more gain than a stock Plexi on 9 oclock).
Just my opinion. You could actually do it other ways but..costs more ..isnt as authentic (as it is gen percieved that Page used Plexis..even though he used Supros and Teles...not Pauls and Plexis..as is assumed by the audience)..................and most important..have fun..and does it Rock?
If so..carry on!!!
GtrGeorge

Well here's a strange thing. I just managed to get a hold of a standard JTM and Plexi module dirt cheap. I plugged em both in to my RM100 and tried the JTM first. Great fruity early Marshall sound and loads of bottom end (maybe too much). Also a fair degree of break up with my LP with gain at 12:00. Then I tried the Plexi expecting more gain but it just sounded weedy and dull in comparison. So I swapped out the tubes but no difference. Surely there should be more gain from the Plexi. It doesn't seem to have been modded at all. The JTM is a keeper and I will use it for the AC/DC stuff. Not sure about the Plexi though, think I'll stick to the SL+ for now.

I had the same conclusion JonnyB. The Plexi was kind of clean and didnt get the grit I expected. In my head I was hoping to hear the modded and very pushed over the top Plexi tones from albums but thats not what comes out of the stocker. Hahaha The stock Brahma is said to be more like what I was looking for. I have a JF Brahma that is tons of fun.

Stock Brahma is the cat'smeow! I even picked up a second to hopefuly squeeze a bit mroe gain out of it. Sounds more VH than anything else i've tried besides a plexi. Great note definition. I like the fact it isn't bass heavy