2 holes to fill

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightdare

Reaction score
Well after getting a lemon 2nd hand RM4 I now have an empty chassis on the way

Allready have an Ultra Lead lying here on the table, and next up is an SL+

Which leaves me without a clean

Here I'm leaning towards the Deluxe, because of it's bonus having nice breakup at higher settings,
but a bit worried that -like my Hafler Triple Giant- it wil start breaking up too early when using higher output P'ups

Well, hoping with that setup I get everything covered from pristine clean to modded territory

But where to go from there? .....11?

and here the choices are impossible, 1086, Ultra (XL), XTC, Recto, Modern, Treadplate, etc
Here I'm looking at a counter for the SL+, perhaps more into boogie

Who says having much choice is good :wink:

For clean I'd get a blackface, personally. To compliment a stock SL+, something gainier... Go recto (any of the recto/rectified/treadplates are pretty close) or an Ultra or Ultra XL. XTC is a cool module but it still has some of that marshall vibe to it, imho.

Pete

dont worry dude, i totally thought the same thing. but then again i have a sick mind too. o well

I knew the titel would raise some eyebrows :twisted:

Well Okstrat, so the blackface is your preferred clean
I admit I prefer my cleans mostly without any grit than without headroom
the Clean module has (to my ear) a bit of JC120, but every sample I've heard leaves it lacking 'life'
compared to the Hafler and ADA mp1 clean I have at my disposal

for the 2nd Hi-gain module I'm thinking about threadplate or ultra leaving leads solely to the Ultra lead
(or at least not putting emphasis on a 2nd module able to do leads, I don't doubt that
for example an SL+ is able to do a lead tone as well)

I'm gonna be using the RM4 with humbucker equipped guitars in a recording/bedroom rig
So I don't have the advantage of a poweramp/cab giving the modules more identity

BTW luckily I browsed the forum finding member Jimosity's samples since those on the Randall site, well,... suck balls

tonymustang302 said:
I'm not going to lie, when i saw the topic of this thread i started to chuckle. LoL. (sick mind i have)
Reminds me of the day I met my wife. :lol: Oops, did I say that out loud :lol: Just Kidding

Reminds me of the day I met your wife too.
:lol:

Sorry, you set yourself up for that one. :D

tonymustang302 said:
I'm not going to lie, when i saw the topic of this thread i started to chuckle. LoL. (sick mind i have)

My thought was 'only 2?' :shock: :lol:

droptrd said:
tonymustang302 said:
Reminds me of the day I met my wife. :lol: Oops, did I say that out loud :lol: Just Kidding

Too Funny

bstaley said:
Reminds me of the day I met your wife too.
:lol:

Sorry, you set yourself up for that one. :D

Even funnier.