3 New Module Days ahead!!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! I've found a new form of torture today...First, my wife didn't answer the door to sign for my Mark module so I came home from work to a note on the door saying delivery was attempted...Well, I couldn't accept that...So I tracked down the Fed Ex truck and got my module...Brought it home with great satisfaction after chasing down the truck - which by good fortune just happened to be in the neighborhood again...

Brought it home, plugged it in...And see the baby is asleep....Now I know I could still plug it in and play quietly or whatever...But Mesa stuff was never meant to be played softly...I chose to respect that along with Pete's hard work and won't fire it up 'til I can hit the gas! 1st impressions mean a lot and I gotta be respectful to the tone gods...But this is the longest nap a human has ever taken... :)

Well, got to play the Mark...It's amazing...When I think of the classic Mesa Mark tone, this is it plus so much more...Pete's work is outstanding and as good as anyone out there...

Having said that, I'm sad to say we got off to a bad start...I usually play my modules for a few days before even considering selling but guess what? I think this isn't gonna work for me...I just don't sound right playing thru this one and I can just tell it isn't working for me...It's possibly one of the best I've heard so it probably seems weird that I'm gonna flip it....But I don't need it for much studio use - this was more a personal purchase...Lotsa dough sunk into her...But, while I won't do classifieds just yet, I will entertain offers to readers of this thread...Trades? But we gotta be fair, this one ain't cheap...

Mattfig said:
Well, got to play the Mark...It's amazing...When I think of the classic Mesa Mark tone, this is it plus so much more...Pete's work is outstanding and as good as anyone out there...

Having said that, I'm sad to say we got off to a bad start...I usually play my modules for a few days before even considering selling but guess what? I think this isn't gonna work for me...I just don't sound right playing thru this one and I can just tell it isn't working for me...It's possibly one of the best I've heard so it probably seems weird that I'm gonna flip it....But I don't need it for much studio use - this was more a personal purchase...Lotsa dough sunk into her...But, while I won't do classifieds just yet, I will entertain offers to readers of this thread...Trades? But we gotta be fair, this one ain't cheap...

OHHHH NOOOO!! That's terrible news man. I'm sure the other two you have coming around going to be more your cup of tea, but I really had high hopes for that one. Which Mark series amp is it most designed after? I can't afford it/trade for it, but I'm curious.

chuckmehh said:
OHHHH NOOOO!! That's terrible news man. I'm sure the other two you have coming around going to be more your cup of tea, but I really had high hopes for that one. Which Mark series amp is it most designed after? I can't afford it/trade for it, but I'm curious.

I have a Mesa Mark III Coliseum (one of less than 100 180 watt heads, one was used on the 'whitesnake' album by John Sykes) that I use for voicing the mark modules.

Pete

I'd love to have that Sykes tone!
Hey Mattfig, any chance you could shoot some video before you move that Mark? Thanks.

JD said:
I'd love to have that Sykes tone!
Hey Mattfig, any chance you could shoot some video before you move that Mark? Thanks.

Gigmods has a pretty good audio clip of it, if you're looking to hear it.

Yes that is a good clip! I'd still like to see some Mattfig samples. :)

I can whip something up this weekend....Quick and simple as I'm no shredder...That's who this module most suits IMHO...It can get some great tones but is made for someone who plays with a distinct touch and dynamic...But a video will be posted nonetheless...JD are you a potential buyer???

I don't know if I'm ready to buy yet...still looking to get my first modded module. I usually don't get around to selling things so I have to be careful what I buy! lol

JD said:
I don't know if I'm ready to buy yet...still looking to get my first modded module. I usually don't get around to selling things so I have to be careful what I buy! lol

I hear ya...And this one would be one helluva pricey buy....I can respect that...I've never gone so deep into a module...I really thought this one might be an oddball winner for me...It will be for somebody, that's for sure...

...and I'm just a not so good guitarist jamming in my basement who doesn't really need any of this stuff. lol Then again I'd buy the Mark if it gave me something something totally different than my stock Mr. Scary or Ultra XL.

Whew! It's like starting fresh...Trading the Mark for a Chupacabra hopefully this weekend....Will get the Hilly Snorkeler tomorrow and S1S0+ next week...I think the Chupa is gonna be more my style....Anyone that has one wanna recommend power tubes?

OK, got the Snokeler today...Super impressive...But I gotta be honest...It sounds very similar to how I have my Mashall dialed in...Since I find Mashall to be the best tone around I mean this as a compliment...It sounds like the sweet spot on a JCM800...Based on a Bogner-modified JCM800 to begin with...A little darker...Very nice but already in the classifieds...The new faceplate is awesome BTW....Overall, she's great...I was hoping it would be more XTC...It stays true to form...Good one, just not what I need right now...

OK, quick update....Scored a Chupacabra...Liked it a lot...But the rack of delight rejected it...The other modules meet when the rack is closed and they make all the decisions...The Snorkeler is turning into a Scorch! I think that should be really cool...I also have a Salvation Xtacy on the way and the S1S0+ is in the US...Where? I don't know...Not at my doorstep yet...

Lastly, I have a really cool XTC coming from a great source but it will still be a bit before I see that one...

I'm closing the rack in just a moment and hope no other modules get voted off the island...It gets brutal in there, but the Mamba maintains control...

drewiv said:
Chupa, Chupa, Chupa, Chupa. D*mn, I hope I like it.

You will like it for sure....Will you love it? Quite possibly...It takes the heaviest tone from the Feelgood and is heavier...That's what it does...And it's very articulate...Even with the gain up....It's a good one for sure...Buzzworthy for a good reason!