3 New Module Days ahead!!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mattfig said:
I also have a Salvation Xtacy on the way and the S1S0+ is in the US...

Hey Matt, if you decide not to keep the Salvation Xtacy......I'd like the first crack at it. I'm really itching to get my hands on some Salvation mods.

Just let me know if the other mods reject it........ 8)

Tajmoben said:
Mattfig said:
I also have a Salvation Xtacy on the way and the S1S0+ is in the US...

Hey Matt, if you decide not to keep the Salvation Xtacy......I'd like the first crack at it. I'm really itching to get my hands on some Salvation mods.

Just let me know if the other mods reject it........ 8)

It's funny...When I ask them if a new friend can join them, they act all excited...When I mentioned Xtacy, they all acted happy...But the Mashall had a funny look in her eye...Those two are gonna be a couple RM4s apart...Then one shows up and they're all meanies...I don't get it...I need a salvation mediator module....

Xtacy has landed! And all I can say is, check the classifieds....

You won't be seeing this baby in there anytime soon! Whoa! Finally...A module worth keeping...It's very Marshally thru EL34s but has it's own favor....Kinda like how the Stonerverb complimented Mashall - same thing...Similar tone but different enough to keep both and will make a cool stereo pair...Even with the Salvado Deluxe for that matter....Very cool module...I'm interested in the upgrade but honestly am pretty happy with what I've got....Finally!!!!!!

I think you should do a video on the XTC, Matt! That module was on my radar for a LONG time, and I never got a chance to play one. Would love to get a closer look at it, as I am sure others on the forum would ;)

bansheeburner said:
Matt did you get your S1S0 yet? I'm just really interested in what that mid sweep does to it.

Not yet...I expect it any day now...It was sent over a week ago and has cleared customs in the US....Hope to see it today!!! If I do, I'll certainly let you know...

Updated to say: Well mail has come and gone and no S1S0+....Probably Monday.... :cry:

rhequiem said:
I think you should do a video on the XTC, Matt! That module was on my radar for a LONG time, and I never got a chance to play one. Would love to get a closer look at it, as I am sure others on the forum would ;)

I'll be making a new shootout in about a week once I get my Hilly Scorch...By that point, all 12 rack spaces will be filled and my rig should be at max diversity and tone...The new Salvo Xtacy sounds like a cool thing too but I don't see selling this one anytime soon...Kinda like my Mashall - I like the idea of the upgrade to Mashall+ but my module sounds so good to me I don't want ANY changes as I fear it may diminish its performance...I also have another XTC coming from another modder in a bit - so I'll have XTC tone finally covered and covered right! The rack of delight is almost fully functional...:) How's that Axe FX????

By my conservative projections....
By the year 2025 the "Rack of Delight" will have expanded and look a lot like this:
deathstar.jpg

Dear God...It's all getting very clear to me now.
Mattfig is building a Deathstar. I'm sure the tone will be second to none. If anyone cares to argue that point.....Blamm!!!
Just like Alderaan, bitches.....

Daryl said:
By my conservative projections....
By the year 2025 the "Rack of Delight" will have expanded and look a lot like this:
deathstar.jpg

Dear God...It's all getting very clear to me now.
Mattfig is building a Deathstar. I'm sure the tone will be second to none. If anyone cares to argue that point.....Blamm!!!
Just like Alderaan, bitches.....

No worries. It's just a moon. :lol:

S1S0+ has arrived....First impressions....It's good....Probably great....I wasn't super sure what to expect as I've never been a 5150 guy nor have any of my previous bandmates....

It's got a unique tone and for that reason alone, I'm gonna hold on to her...It will be VERY good for studio use and the mid sweep is awesome....I actually wish all my modules had that....Turns out you can really do some cool **** with that thing....I know Antonin was hesitant to add it because it is not a 5150 feature and he doesn't like cross breeding modules...I understand....But I will order a mid sweep with every Salvo module I buy in the future...It's very cool...

I can say this....The more I play it, the more I like it...

So, IMHO, I've got the two best signals from this thing....number one, I didn't fall right in love - which means it's different from other tones I have...Secondly, it's just getting better as my ear adjusts to its majesty...Really good module....Well worth the money...The three way switch that goes from low, medium, and high gain is awesome too....I get some pretty cool tones coming outta her with the added low gain crunch feature....This thing is gonna be useful....I probably won't use it much personally for recording as Mashall rules the day for me...But this one is way cool and very much a keeper...Sorry....No classifieds for this one...At least not for awhile.... 8)

For those of you with a Salvado Deluxe...The S1S0+ takes the best Soldano tone you can get and makes it richer....The Salvado Deluxe is the perfect compliment (in a stereo pair) to the S1S0+....It's great with this latest module grab....The Xtacy will be paired with Mashall...The S1S0+ paired with Salvado Deluxe...When the Hilly Scorch gets here, I'm good for a bit I hope...
Besides getting that Terrier... :D

rhequiem said:
SHOOTOUT ALREADY!!

I'm actually excited about the next one...'Cause screw it....I'm gonna focus the camera on the Ground Control Plus which will display the patch...I will also let you know which module will be paired with which set of power tubes...As I flip thru passes you will hear the change in tone via tubes as well as modules....It will be a true to form shootout, still featuring my setups of modules but will also feature a live drummer and stereo pairings of two modules as that is what I do....It will essentially let you hear them together for what they're worth....That's where the real value of MTS is for me....A ton of amps in a small place....It'll give each it's own spotlight too...But it's just gonna be some studio stuff coupled with some module features....It will be very stupid and a waste of everyone's time....But it will be nonetheless....

update:

After thinking the Sweep knob was so cool...I may have retract that statement...I played with it for an hour tonight and kinda lost track of where the dial was in reference to where the stock 5150 is marked...Guess where I ended up with the best tone?

Yep....Right on the red dot...

bindi.jpg

No, not that red dot...The one that marks stock S1S0 spot...I really thought I was a little off center...But it was dead on...I guess that proves a point....