• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

All sold! Thanks!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the gigmod scary supposed to be based on? Tonewise how do you feel it differs from the stock? Doesn't look like he did much to it but use carbon comp resistors and some orange drops. I suppose the fluctuation in their resistance might alter the tone. Is the module noticably clearer?

Kapo_Polenton said:
What is the gigmod scary supposed to be based on? Tonewise how do you feel it differs from the stock? Doesn't look like he did much to it but use carbon comp resistors and some orange drops. I suppose the fluctuation in their resistance might alter the tone. Is the module noticably clearer?

Almost all of Pete's base mods were for warmth and clarity, unless it says otherwise or the individual asked for a specific change in tone.

I'm selling my rig, yes, but that doesn't mean I'm out of MTS :p I'm actually interested in trying some of the new dual-channel mods that Bruce is making. Would like to get my hands on a MOD50 with an SL2X and maybe BMAN module in the future, after I get another band going. But, for now, I could use the cash to get something I can jam on through headphones, so I don't bug the ladies in the house ;)

Kapo, I haven't ever played a stock Scary (crazy, but true), but I imagine that the GigMods version is just a "Scary as it should have been" thing. It's very clear and sounds good, even with the gain cranked - still articulate and warm. This may sound hard to believe, but I actually preferred the Gigmods Scary to the Camerock I had, at least the way I had it dialed in. It's also still pretty quiet in regards to feedback. I used the Scary probably 80% of the time.

The mods done on the XTC are probably in the same vein as the Scary - just for clarity and warmth. I'm not asking much for them, so whoever buys them can either keep them as is or have one of the other modders work them over ;)

PMs answered. Lots of interest in the Rhoadie. I'm offering it up to those that PM'd me, since there hasn't been any interest (so far) in all 3 modules as a package. If the Rhoadie sells, I'll sell the other 2 individually.

Thanks, Steve :)

Price drop on the lot for $650 shipped! Given an average price on the Rhoadie, that would put the other 2 modded modules at vanilla stocker prices and, who knows, you might really like them 8)

rhequiem said:
Thanks, Steve :)

Price drop on the lot for $650 shipped! Given an average price on the Rhoadie, that would put the other 2 modded modules at vanilla stocker prices and, who knows, you might really like them 8)

Killer deal. Good luck.

The rhoadie is a sweet module. The dual gain pots and switches just make for so many tonal combos. I can't speak for the other modules but they're stock price in this deal. Don't make me buy these... Solid awesome guy to deal with!

$415 for a Rhoadie? :shock: Someone buy this, you will be very happy with this tonal monster.

Mr Scary sold, pending payment! Thanks, Steve :)

Yes, Rhoadie is one of my top 3 favorite modules I've ever tried. Feel free to make me an offer

I'll include the .38cal thumbscrews on the XTC to sweeten the pot ;)

I couldn't help it, I've never played one! I was just talking to rblyn about this. Can someone ban me from the classifieds? No don't! The signs of a true addict :lol:

Jacksauce said:
I couldn't help it, I've never played one! I was just talking to rblyn about this. Can someone ban me from the classifieds? No don't! The signs of a true addict :lol:

haha...sorry bro- Didnt mean to feed your addiction even more!

haha it's all good. fortunately i am already a very happy Rhoadie owner...

i'm shocked that one of the newest Salvation dual gain control modules is still out here at this price. COME ON