Are Randall/Eggie Modules Interchangeable in RM amps ??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MindCrime

Reaction score
I'm not certain but are Randall & Egnater modules interchangeable in RM amps ?? I have an RM20 combo & RM50CP combo and was just wondering if I could use an Eggie mod in either of my amps...

If this subject has been hammered to death, I'm sorry for asking. I'm new to the MTS Galaxy & it's a whole "Brave NEW WORLD" for me. :lol:

MindCrime

As I understand it...You can use an Eggie in an RM4 but it will not be dual function but rather one channel out of two...Most Eggie modules have dual channels that can only be utilized by Egnater branded M4s and such...

Conversely, any Randall module will work with either Randall or Egnater setups as they are single function modules...

They are interchangable. Keep in mind though that if you have a dual channel Egnater module, the Randall gear will only be able to select one channel on the module. Essentially it becomes a single channel module. I believe it chooses channel one on the module.

Np... I'm sure I asked this question when I joined the forum, too... :)

Short answer... yes

Long answer...
-Randall modules work as expected in Egnater amps
-older single-channel Egnater modules work as expected in Randall amps
-newer dual-channel Egnater modules work in Randall amps, but you can only access the "A" channel, not the "B" channel

--B

Thanks to all who replied. That seems to multiply the flexibility features with the Randall amps....at least as I see it. :D

Hey guys, isn't there a mod that can be done to the RM100 to make it function like a MOD100?

SacredGroove said:
Daryl said:
Hey guys, isn't there a mod that can be done to the RM100 to make it function like a MOD100?
I think Jeff Hilligan was doing it while at Egnater, but I don't know if he still is.
Yes he was - it's called an "RM100-E" (see here: http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=45720), but since he's no longer with Egnater I'm pretty sure he's not doing this anymore. I was lucky enough to have picked up one of these recently . . . 8)

BTW - I understand there is a mod that can be done to the dual-channel Egnater modules that will let channel B be the active channel rather than channel A when used in a single-channel preamp. I think I read that it's a fairly simple mod on most modules, but there a few modules where that's not the case . . .

HughJasol said:
BTW - I understand there is a mod that can be done to the dual-channel Egnater modules that will let channel B be the active channel rather than channel A when used in a single-channel preamp. I think I read that it's a fairly simple mod on most modules, but there a few modules where that's not the case . . .

Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anyone have any further insight on the above speculation that dual-channel modules can easily be modified to allow channel B to be the active one in a single channel amp?

i think Dave Egnater was offering a mod to the RM100 and ONLY the RM100 that will allow it to play Egnater modules and you would still be able to used both channels. I think he posted information about this a few months back. You can probably email him and ask him.

Curse13 said:
HughJasol said:

Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anyone have any further insight on the above speculation that dual-channel modules can easily be modified to allow channel B to be the active one in a single channel amp?

From what I remember, you are correct about modding the dual Eggy's to use channel B.

Bruce is busy, but available, and he did post that he is accepting RM100's for the dual channel mod again.

I second the opinion of asking Jeff what can be done also.

I'm using an older, single channel MOD100, and I'm not looking to modify the amp. But I'd like to have the ability to put in a more recent module like the EG5 or SL2X and get the higher gain channel (channel B).

Mainly what I'd like to find out is:
1. has anyone done this themselves (not sent it off to someone else to do)
2. what specifically did they do to make the modification
3. how easy was it, and how destructive to the module

I have no complaints with the single-channel egnater module format, aside from the fact that they stopped making them years ago and they're getting harder to find. Finding an old, single channel MHG has proven to be quite difficult.

Latest posts