Best module for early Van Halen tone

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isteve

Reaction score
I am looking at getting into the Synergy module ecosystem. I have been looking at the SYN-1 with the intention of running this through my Freyette PS-2 power amp. I would like to start the journey with a module which best gets me close to early Van Halen tones, particularly the Fair Warning era. I’ve searched through this forum, and others and am currently unable to decide whether the Synergy Plexi or Metropoulos Metro Plex modules would get in that ball park, or any of the other modules?

Any advice, insights any experiences with these would be greatly welcome :)

In my opinion the MetroPlex - It has a unique voicing that captures that tone - Use an MXR EQ and a plate reverb pedal and you will be good to go

I have not played the MetroPlex yet, but I do own a Plexi that I am using with a SYN-1 and PS2. That will get you there for sure.

In my opinion the MetroPlex - It has a unique voicing that captures that tone - Use an MXR EQ and a plate reverb pedal and you will be good to go
What are you using the EQ for as a boost? 2K? Or is it post?

Yes in front for a boost -
1717347191058.png