Best modules for cleans and crunchs (CAE 3+SE like...)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonerock

Reaction score
I'm about to replace my CAE 3+SE preamp with a RM4,

Could you tell me what modules would be best to have the same CH1 clean and same CH2 crunch?

I thought about blackface for cleans but I have no idea for crunchs?

Regards
Chris

I have a lynch box and find the Super V is the perfect clean for me.
As for crunch tones I can say that the Mr Scary is great.

Describe you fav crunch tone?

Yes, I think KH2 may have too much gain for what I mean, but maybe plexi would be the right one? 3+se ch2 is a kinf of marshall sound, very creamy between hendrix and SRV when you don't crank the gain, and you can have a nice clean just by playing with the guitar volume pot.

for a 3+se type preamp setup, i recommend the blackface, plexi, and sl+ or ultra XL. the sl+ has almost as much gain, but i personally can't see anyone diming the gain on that module. (it's my second fav high gain module...next to the KH2 :twisted: )

if you can...the MHG Egnater module comes scary close to John Suhr SE mod type sound...which is the se+ channel 3 sound.

Thanks Steve,
Blackface is on the way...
When my RM4 arrives, I'll have Blackface, Topboost, RECTO and XTC
Hope that topboost will fit for crunches in a first time, but I'll need to find a plexi to compare.
I heard some samples of a moded plexi and what I heard didn' make me think about the 3+SE CH2 at all...
not as fat and creamy... maybe a plexi unmoded would do the trick?

you know...in hindsight, i should've have mentioned that for channel 2. the top boost would be a perfect fit for that. it really really impressed me...far more than the plexi.

Great ! hope to hear it soon, I can't wait anymore :lol: :lol: :lol:

hope my mesa 2:90 will get on well with RM4