Bogner Ecstasy module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannabweiland

Reaction score
I checked out a Lynchbox not too long ago with a few different modules in it, but the one that stood out for me was a module that actually had the Bogner name on it. Kind of looked like the Fish, but was black. I'll post a picture later, but it had the same lay out as the regular XTC module, but with a blue LED. I took out the preamp and it was stamped "XTC" and it had a "Made in the USA" sticker on the bottom. Could this just be an old, stock Randall XTC module or is this thing modded?

downsized_0513021707.jpg

?

I think this is one of those self-modded modules from the same guy that did the "Soldano" one. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember this selling from the same guy around the same time.

EDITED: The more I look at it, it does look like an early Pete (gigmods) module. If you want message 'stratotone' on Rig Talk forum, that's Pete. Maybe he can identify it for you.

If I got a picture of the guts, would that help identify it better? I really would like to know what I'm dealing with here, because if it's a gem I don't want to let it get away, but if it's something I can easily recreate then I can take my time in getting one.

I say post the guts!

You can also just get an idea of who modded it by the amount of work that was done to the PCB. Are there lots of reworks or did the person just switch in diff cap and resistor values? Is the work clean? How are the solder joints?

I gather from what you are asking is whether or not you can with pics of the guts, do a similar mod to get that tone. If so then yes you would have to post the guts so someone can tell how easy they can replicate it.

downsized_0514021252.jpg

This was all I could get in the time I had today. Looks to me like there were probably some mods done, but which one(s) and what it did I'm clueless.

Bunch of mods done; Orange caps etc. gigmods for sure, as said. Great module. Pete did some awesome work. Or does awesome work? Still not aure if he's in the game.

Yep. Pete's work has become highly undervalued IMO as of late, as he has bowed out of mainstream mts modding, and his name has become less known. It's a shame, because his work is pretty top-notch, imo.

Well, if it is Gigmods modified, they've officially won a customer. That module sounds incredible. I'm ready to get rid of my Mesa for it honestly.

wannabweiland said:
Well, if it is Gigmods modified, they've officially won a customer. That module sounds incredible. I'm ready to get rid of my Mesa for it honestly.

Well then, a selfish plug is in order. I have a Brown and Modern for sale in the classifieds. I know Pete's not doing mods right now and don't know if he will. I truly can't believe I still possess these modules at $220 each. Not a pressure sell, just a heads up for a couple of great mods that need a home. Selfish plug over. :lol: Pete does/did great work. If you saw his amp collection, you'd know why.

Pretty sure that is a GM module.....he is the only one Ive seen that actually put Bogner on his....I saw one lik eit with the red/white graphics.....Some of his mods are cool,the ones I had were just kind of noisy...Ive had 3 of his rectos and it is one of my favorites of that type....each one was a little differnt,last one I had was the quitest of the bunch....