Brahma vs Plexi modules.. differences?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapo_Polenton

Reaction score
For those that have played both.. are they similar in gain? I have had a few brahmas (which i love) but never tried a plexi. Yup, straight up old simple plexi module. I've heard a few clips on youtube which peaked my interest. There is always cross over between all these marshall type circuits, just interested in what the Plexi might bring to my rig with a boost.

I didn't think so. The Brahma I had had less gain than the Plexi. The Plexi was also boomier, whereas I thought the Brahma's tone seemed more authentic to the Marshall Plexi tone.

Plexi has more gain and is "fuller" sounding to my ears. Brahma is a bit thin to my ears- Seriously, the Plexi is a very good stocker....I can get a pretty **** authentic Angus Young tone with it.

rblyn said:
Plexi has more gain and is "fuller" sounding to my ears. Brahma is a bit thin to my ears- Seriously, the Plexi is a very good stocker....I can get a pretty **** authentic Angus Young tone with it.

Interesting how different ears hear different things! Rblyn does seem to have similar tastes to mine. I might try one of these out at some point then. Thanks for the info guys.

I stumbled upon this video accidentally on youtube. Its a stock plexi modded by Rob at Jaded Faith. Not sure what he actually did, (clarity mod maybe?) but I LOVE it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWBxD5a1KAk

Latest posts