Dave Friedman modded SL+

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6stringgrind

Reaction score
I sent my SL+ to Dave Friedman last week. Just got it back today. It sounds killer! The best way I can describe it is "more of everything". Quite a bit more gain on tap, TONS of bottom end available, as well as mids and treble. And it's LOUD. The only drawback is it's not quite as versatile as the original voicing (doesn't clean up as much when you back off the gain), but you can take care of that with your guitar's volume knob.

Basically, it's a SL+ on steroids (with a modern twist). It's like having a boost pedal built in. Very cool. Anyone looking for a new flavor to add to your arsenal should definitely consider trying one.

That's pretty cool :) I was thinking about picking one up and seeing how I like it, then quite possibly sending it in since I've heard so many great things.

Yep, got me a Dave Friedman SL+ about 6 months ago. The local Randall dealers were knocking themselves over at how good it sounded in their shop next to the stock ones.
Any idea how it sounds compared to a Grail? Are they different enough to warrant me getting a Grail as well as the Dave F SL+?

Dave does amazing work! He's done five modules for me now and they have all come back sounding killer.

Not much on the website but it has his contact info.

http://www.racksystemsltd.com./

How much do the modifications cost for the SL+? I might be getting back into the MTS game again soon (hopefully hehe) although if I do I'll be starting with a Randall and working up to an Egnater again down the road unfortunately. :? Is the best way to contact him over the phone? Was he the guy who changes the faceplates too, or does he just mod the PCB inside? Thanks! 8)

Sweet! Just got off the phone with Dave, looks like I'll be sending him some stuff for modding! 8)