Distortion from a pedal...Is there anything wrong with that?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For years my rig had been pedals setup only. A pedalboard plugged in whatever I may find with a clean channel

Main distorded sound with a boss MT2 monte allums mod, and people kept asking me where I hide the mesa rectifier :lol: :wink:

No matter the gear until you get the sound.

I'm kind of toying with the same idea of going back to pedals (although in the rack) and using a Patchmate so I still have the midi flexibility, as well as taking the effects out of the signal chain when not in use. More and more I find tweaking the MFX a pain in the ***. I must be getting old and just prefer the simplicity of pedals.

On a side note do you guys tend to run your tuner pedals 1st in line on the board? Does it really matter where it is in the signal chain?

I run mine first in the chain to provide it the clearest signal possible. You could run it anywhere, but if it is after your wah/OD/dist/phaser/etc. and you wanted to quickly check your tuning, you'd want to make sure all those other pedals are off so they weren't messing up the signal the tuner receives. Putting the tuner in front means it doesn't matter what else is on when you need to use it.