Edwards Guitar Review

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trendkill1168

Reaction score
Never played one of these before being that they are imported from Japan but have always been interested in them. A friend of mine bought one of the V's and brought it over yesterday for me to check out.

Initial thoughts...very nice looking guitar. This V had a mahogony neck and body with a flame maple cap, probably just veneer but it looked sweet. Fingerboard was rosewood with albilone inlays. Finish was an ice tea sunburst. Guitar was equipped with the Seymour JB/59 combo and had 2 vol and 2 tone knobs w/ 3-way switch. Neck was thicker then I am used to but not as thick as a 59' profile. It was a little meaty but comfortable. Not sure of the weight but it was a little heaftier then I expected and in a good way. Felt nice and solid. Fit and finish was perfect and the action was dialed in pretty nicely right off the bat. I could tell that there was a little too much relief in the neck and the action needed to be lowered a tad but otherwise it played very nice with very little fret buzz. Also came stock with a nice locking TOM bridge and Spertzel locking tuners.

Sound.....I am normally not a big fan of the JB pickup myself and usually prefer the Duncan Custom or EMG's but it sounded very nice in this guitar. Plenty of crunch and sustain and the bottom stayed very articulate without getting muddy at all. Played the guitar through my head with the SL+ module and it just screamed and pinch harmonics were effortless. Also played the guitar clean through my Blackface with a little chorus and the 59' and it sounded stellar.

Final thoughts....I think this guitar was in the $1,000 range which is pretty common on imports these days but I would choose one of these over alot of the other imports I have played for sure. I liked it much better then the ESP LTD series guitars and all of the Dean imports I have owned. Thinking about picking up one for myself in the near future. Oh, it also came with a hardshell case too. :wink:

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

:D:D:D
I love my Edwards too, but some manufacturing defects keep it from intonating (quality control. Good quality, but poor control on mine =/). I'll get it re-routed and fixed one day :p

Shinozoku said:
this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

:D:D:D
I love my Edwards too, but some manufacturing defects keep it from intonating (quality control. Good quality, but poor control on mine =/). I'll get it re-routed and fixed one day :p

Sorry guys....didn't have a picture of the V but here is one that is identical to his.....

DSC01108.jpg

Awesome, I have an E-LP-92SD and I really like it. I haven't played any of my other guitars since I got it :lol:

_c431695_image_0.jpg