Effects Processors

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seanh303 said:
rblyn said:
wanted to add, I can use this same approach with my RM20. I create three channels- Straight Judge/GTO for rythym- Second patch with a Tube Screamer/Delay and and a 20db boost for leads...Third channel I turn off the send/return- get clean el84 tones pushing the Fender Deluxe sim...Effectively making my RM20 a three channel amp! Love it.

Yeah that's actually pretty **** cool. I'm seriously considering an RM20 and the only thing I didn't like about it is only 1 slot...****, only $300...worth checking out for sure
Ive owned several RM20s. Love em. 1 slot is a downer. The earlier suggestion works but another option is a RM4 into the effect loop of the RM20. Just bumped it up to 5 slots sir!!! Oh yeah.

Used to use a 2120 artist. After I got my RM4 I just turned off the pre amp and used the effects...not bad. Sold it and bought a G-Force which is epic but complete overkill for my needs (also hard to adjust live/ on the fly). Now I'm using various pedals on a drawer in my rack with a mini effect gizmo.(very easy to adjust on the fly ;)

rblyn said:
wanted to add, I can use this same approach with my RM20. I create three channels- Straight Judge/GTO for rythym- Second patch with a Tube Screamer/Delay and and a 20db boost for leads...Third channel I turn off the send/return- get clean el84 tones pushing the Fender Deluxe sim...Effectively making my RM20 a three channel amp! Love it.

I do something very similar with a RM100 and a RP1000. I rarely switch between modules during a song so this works out well.

I recently had great success hooking this up myself (PODHD500&RM100 - 4CM). I think its a good option for an all in one pedal for the RM100. It does it all exceptionally well. Effects, routing capabilities, MIDI, etc... And they're priced reasonably.

LunatiBSW said:
stratotelepaul said:
I'm working on getting my HD500 and RM100 put together. The 500 will strictly be for FX in the 4CM setup

Please let us know how this works out for you. I've been thinking of doing similar.

I went from my old Johnson JM250 to a Digitech 2120 Artist (since it uses the same awesome J12 foot controller as the amp that I sold without it!) to a HD500 and decided that i like knobs and hate switching through models. One stupidly complicated pedalboard bought and sold later and I am back to the Digitech 2120 and some Carvin FX2 stereo rack units. They are cheap, simple to use, very flexible. and the 2120 has an outstanding acoustic simulator that i just love.