Effects & Things, Vox Tonelab?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2randall

Reaction score
I'm currently using the Vox Tonelab SE floor unit in my setup with the Randall RM4 and a Peavey Poweramp and a Gmajor between the RM4 and my power amp. I Use the Vox as a midi controller and some "In front" of the amp effects like wah, compression, volume and an occasional phaser on solo's for that EVH lead sound. now, the problem is that with the Vox in my Front-of-the-amp signal chain It creates more noise than I'm willing to accept and messes with my general rhythm tone. Does anyone out there use thier Vox or other similar floor units like this, and experience the added noise and if so how do you deal with it? For you pedal user guys do you experience additional noise with pedals? I'm trying to figure out a way to have my front-of-the-amp effects signal chain bypassed until i need to engage them. I'm mostly the rhythm guy in our band and I only use those front of the amp effects a few times in a whole night but its nice to have them but without the extra noise. Suggestions anyone? Oh yeah, the Noise Gate on the Vox doesn't help at all.