Floyd Mod????

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read "Floyd Mod" expecting a modification to a FR thread. Kinda made me laugh since i was just listening to Pink Floyd on the way home from work.

For a Gilmour tone, I'd use a strat in combo with the Salvation H-Watt, JF Superclean, maybe a Voodoo Mesa Mark Series mod. In combination with some cool FX pedals.

I use a stock blackface and pedals. Believe me that when you use a big muff the amp really gets overshadowed by that pedal. I also have tried this with the Marshall type mods, and it also works fine, just keep the gain down. Another hint for the cleaner Floyd sound is to use a tube driver or some say a jetter blue I think. Good reverb or delay and you can get there with a strat and good hands. I also have been told a good Gilmour amp is a mesa single rec. so I guess that would work too.

strat>Green Russian Muff>BK Tube Driver (though a Jetter or Timmy pedal can do stacked with an Xotic EP Booster)>Boss CE-2>Delay>H-Watt.

although you really should have the EMG SA-20 pickup set in the strat to truly get those tones you hear on Pulse and songs like Coming Back to Life, Marooned and Keep Talking

I have a BC Rich strat copy. And the emg DG 20 loaded pick Guard just showed up at the house yesterday. :D

I also pm'ed Disciple on the H-watt.

Thanks for all the input.

Keep it comming!

also got some great gilmour-ish tones from a JF Tweet with at 12at7 in V1 for more headroom and cleaner sound.

My Floyd pedals are almost exactly what is listed here. They are Chandler tube driver to green Russian big muff, delay,flanger and chorus when needed. I also use a Strat with the EMG DG full set. Like I said before the Blackface works the best but I would love to have the Hwatt. Just bad timing right now to buy it. There are some tube drivers on eBay sometimes, and the rack mounts are good if you don't mind the rack part. Good luck.

Thought I would start with the guitar. Then the amp, and some pedals now the way it sounds. I'll need to look them up.

Thanks Man

Great purchase for you, now you have to decide on the pedals. If money is tight get a stomp under foot rams head or the civil war. Very reasonable and great sounding pedals. Another option is the byoc large beaver pedal. Also if you don't already, check out Gilmourish.com for great advice.

I purchased My H-Watt without Tubes.

What would be the best to order?

Remember I'm looking for that ultamate Floyd tone.

Les

Oyster said:
I purchased My H-Watt without Tubes.

What would be the best to order?

Remember I'm looking for that ultamate Floyd tone.

Les

A real Hi-Watt + Germanium Fuzzface? :lol:

Nah, just grab a few of each brand
perhaps splurge on a set of NOS ECC83 Mullards (if there are any left ;))
Experiment
But personally I believe Hiwatts are more top and bottom than mids
so a JJ or Tung Sol may not be the best first choice