Front End Boosting

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you boost your signal?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Like many other guitarists, I like the character changing properties that a boost pedal provides, gives you more options.

Sometimes all you need is a little extra/different voicing/gain structure to spice-up your tone in a middle of a song or in a solo ...

I personnally use a AC Booster and a Jekyll'n'Hyde in different combinations with Plexi, Blackface, Deluxe, 1086 and XTC

Gonna try out the OD-808 this Sunday with my rig and I'll add my experience about it here too.

Thanks loads for the replies guys!

Cheers,
Ashish

I tested out about 6 of them when I bought mine. For the value and tone the BOSS SD-1 is a GREAT deal at 50 bucks brand new. You just cant go wrong.
Once again........my 2 cents only :D

ashishk said:
Gonna try out the OD-808 this Sunday with my rig and I'll add my experience about it here too.

Thanks loads for the replies guys!

Cheers,
Ashish

As i preach before, Go to Bodenhamer-electronics.com For the price i've never had a better custom pedal. turned my rig around.

I just got the cusack screamer V2 to use and it sounds awsome in front of the brahma module.

I don't boost...why?
well, because I dont need to, and besides it increases noise,reduces my dynamic range and is another thing to go wrong.
And I am a guy who loves pedals...but not for boosting, actually.

Use your ears.....with an EMG 85 into a high gain module, do you really lack distortion? Do you really lack input voltage?!!!!!!!!

Here I go.....(I apologize in advance..) why not just play the module and wring out the most you can with your hands?

I stoped using an overdrive or a boost when I got my V2. I found that the higher quality of the amp with the more preamp tubes(had a G3), and added overdrive got a bit out of control! But after I did a simple tube swap, I could run just the amp with the gain around 6-7 and have no noise, and still sounded more brutal(IMO) than my buddy's Carvin V3 with a tube screamer in front of it! But I know pickups make a difference too. I personally use a DiMarzio X2N, which has enough gain and signal strength to distort the purest of clean channels like on that V3.

i use a stock ts9 on some solos just to add picking definition, give a mid boost, and get the preamp tubes to sing a little. sometimes i use it as another channel where i can take a scooped out rhythym channel and use it for a solo. i'd like to get an overdrive that sounds similar to the ts9 but doesnt drop the bass response and operates more quietly.

There is a guy who sells a mod kit on ebay to mod your ts9. it flattens the response out so the bass is still present and changes a few parts to better ones that quiten it down.
I also use a ts9 to boost my XTC for solos and Ive never had a better sounding solo in all my years.

thanks. i'll have to check that ebay upgrade out. i've got an xtc module coming in the mail right now to use for soloing with the ts9.