Fuse question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuicideCircus

Reaction score
Hey,
I did a search for this and couldnt find the answer.
I had one of the 400Ma fuses blow. I cant seem to find a 400 locally, but I have found a 500 MA 250V package at Radio Shack.

Will these work? Am I in danger with these??

Thanks

i woulndt. are they slo blow or fast?

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=400ma+fuse

Does no-one use the search function...swear I posted this in Pete's thread on Fuse locations :D

rectifier said:
calm down jkd,,, it didnt come up when i used the search function.

I'm calm.... seee :D I'm not suprised it didn't come up...using the search function on here is a fine art

jkd...yea im a dummy... i manually found the post you suggested..you stated 400ma ? what about the rating?... there was one listed 5amp just for the main fuse but not the tube fuses.. the ones i looked at buying local were 250ma with a 2.5 amp rating.....what am i looking for here?..thanks

rectifier said:
jkd...yea im a dummy... i manually found the post you suggested..you stated 400ma ? what about the rating?... there was one listed 5amp just for the main fuse but not the tube fuses.. the ones i looked at buying local were 250ma with a 2.5 amp rating.....what am i looking for here?..thanks

400mA 250V...

I found in another post where CustomerService told Pedro that 500ma fuses was ok....??

I put it in, and seems to be running fine.....

If i'm not mistaken, in that post they were running their tubes at 40+ with 500mA fuses. I was wondering if having the 500mA was protection for being able to run your tubes hotter than suggested by the manual. Is this safe at all?