Fuses for Randall RM100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shinozoku said:
GuitarGod87 said:
The back of the amp clearly says 250 MA not 400 mA
You have an amp, probably pre-07. The fuses were upped to 400ma because they were blowing so much.
even the manual that i downloaded off of the net says 250mA. I'll call Randall tomorrow. Thanks. BTW have you heard a difference between the production dates? I heard there's a series 1,2, and 3 MTS series.

For you nonbelievers, some of us have talked to Bruce Egnater, the designer of all that is Mts, and he says 400ma. If you look at the boards inside your Mts amp, they all have the Egnater nameon them

darn, I just ordered about ten 250mA fuses too. I guess i'll just return those and get some 400's then. Now wait a sec, since my head is pre 2007, would it matter if I throw in a 400 instead of 250?

GuitarGod87 said:
darn, I just ordered about ten 250mA fuses too. I guess i'll just return those and get some 400's then. Now wait a sec, since my head is pre 2007, would it matter if I throw in a 400 instead of 250?

It does not matter....both Randall and Egnater have confirmed that it's safe to increase the spec. to 400 as some EL34 tubes were surging well over the 250mA mark.

For those who have a older RM100, I spoke to Randall directly and they said u can just switch out the fuses from 250mA to 400mA with out any damage occurring. Also, there is no major difference between the RM100 series 1,2, and 3. Thanks for clearing this up for me. I use EL34's and if the fuses would of kept on blowing then I would of been pretty up set, especially if caused any damage to my transformers.

Thanks Again.

i just swapped out the power tubes n fuses, the amp sounds a lot better. It's tighter, open, and more responsive. I even ran the 882i through the series loop giving it more a drive sound than a distortion sound. Either way, I'm happy my tone. Still looking for a rack effect unit. Prob going to end up w a rocktron intelliflex.

Hey guys, apologies if this question has been answered elsewhere.

The fuse next to the power cable (not the fuses for the tubes) is constantly blowing, when i switch the amp on.

Is this a common problem? and more importantly is there an easy fix? owned this amp for only a week.

cheers