Getting into bed with a MTS Series???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frequency09

Reaction score
I'm thinking about having sex with one of these fine units. But I want to make sure she is a hottie. And really don't want to be jealous of the others. I'd like to avoid that by picking the right lady the first time.

The RM20H was cute but not enough power and only one slot. Too much a prude I guess you could say.

The RM50B/RM50HB sure is a hottie and has enough power and slots. Both the head and combo are looking good. And she's willing to experiment a little too.

The RM100M/RM100C are also as hot as the RM50 with the added benefit of the 3rd slot. But that slot isn't that necessary to me. I don't want people thinking she's a huge slut for having her holes filled by 3 different units all at the same time. I like the look of the Head best.

Cosmetics aren't at the top of my list here. Even though I really like the look of the RM100M Head. But I need it to be quiet overall. This will be used primarily in the studio. So weight isn't an issue.

I think I've narrowed it down to the RM50H and the RM100M Heads. I'm looking to hear the pro's and con's between the two units? I have plenty of External Cabinets to run a Head. So the Combo Amp isn't really needed. Unless for some reason there is something special about it?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

I love how this smoothly turned from almost a spam post, to a joke post, to a serious question :lol:

RM50: I believe has a reverb tank, is light, and has a lead boost.
RM100: Power Tube mixing capabilities, a third slot for an alternate tone (say you have two tones you love, but you have another one you use. Maybe not as often, but still, you want that other sound. Well, you have a place for it!), aaaand, that's about it. Aside from the fact that she's one of the heaviest heads you'll ever sleep with at a whopping 75 pounds fully loaded.

But then again, I do like them big girls ;)

Frequency09 said:
I'm thinking about having sex with one of these fine units. But I want to make sure she is a hottie. And really don't want to be jealous of the others. I'd like to avoid that by picking the right lady the first time.

Just remember to use protection and don't let the glitzy outer appearance fool you into believing there is anything sophisticated or docile about one of these fine ladies. More perhaps than a mere mortal man might be able to handle once you get her "propped up" in your bedroom.

Great thread, would read again! :)

They're all sluts, taking different equipment in their slots day after day! My babe if choice is the 50 'coz it sounds so sweet and tight and can take another in the rear (fx return) anyway.

RM100 is just a bit beyond a fat bottomed girl to me

JKD said:
RM100 is just a bit beyond a fat bottomed girl to me

I don't want her high beams to be too big and bright, I would like them to be Perky and just right.

A shapely bottomed girl I prefer, athletic/sporty so to speak. By no means Flat. And if her hips are just right. Then that smooth bottom will be beautiful. Or should I say Booty-ful.

Rammstein comes to mind and so does Disturbed when that distortion is kickin' it. The kind of distortion one could say that mows you down. I hear the 1086 module is a good place to start?

I never even heard of the MTS when I bought mine. Was just in the music store and my buddy who manages it says "You gotta check this out.."
He had a Lynch box with a 1086 in it. Plugged in....palyed for a 1/2 hour....bought it that night. Very unique sounding and KILLER tone. But...once modded...it becomes a whole new beast. But even stock, its very flexible and sounds great. Lot of people either love it or hate it, but its got its own tone.

Mailman1971 said:
Lot of people either love it or hate it, but its got its own tone.

You know with the interweb and all. I haven't heard anyone say bad things about the MTS Series stuff. Maybe some of the Modules are less desirable than others.

I'd like to hear some bad comments on them. Or maybe I just overlooked them, since I didn't want to read about bad comments?

Usually for every bad comment on a piece of gear is followed up with a good one. So you get 50/50 on every **** thing on the planet.
But with the Randall MTS Series, it's more like 98/2 on the percentage scale.

I've been researching Randall Amps for about a year now. Decided it's time to hear from the users, and make a purchase in the next week.

I thought this would be a great way to get several amp models, without buying up and filling the studio with tons of amps, combos, etc.

Maybe some of the Modules are less desirable than others.
I'd like to hear some bad comments on them.

I'm a huge fan, but here's some:
  • People tend to diss the Treadplate, Recto, Rectified- I actually liked it alot stock, but Petemodded that one first and I really love it now....Grail seems to beat a stock TPlate in every post
    Similar results with older SL+ until you get a 800 mod
    Topboost has more gain than people want for a Vox module- that's good for me though!
    KH3 needs aggressive treble to get out of the muffle, but then it's great
    Clean people say is too clean :p
I think that cover 99% of the negative 2%

droptrd said:
6stringgrind said:
You guys REALLY need girlfriends.
I know, but my wife wont let me get one. :D

I got my girlfriend, then my wife got her own girlfriend, which is okay with me! More time to explore the possiblities, which I hear are endless, or was that Matchless? hmm. :wink:

Frequency09 said:
Mailman1971 said:
Lot of people either love it or hate it, but its got its own tone.

You know with the interweb and all. I haven't heard anyone say bad things about the MTS Series stuff. Maybe some of the Modules are less desirable than others.

I'd like to hear some bad comments on them. Or maybe I just overlooked them, since I didn't want to read about bad comments?

Usually for every bad comment on a piece of gear is followed up with a good one. So you get 50/50 on every **** thing on the planet.
But with the Randall MTS Series, it's more like 98/2 on the percentage scale.

I've been researching Randall Amps for about a year now. Decided it's time to hear from the users, and make a purchase in the next week.

I thought this would be a great way to get several amp models, without buying up and filling the studio with tons of amps, combos, etc.
Once i got into the MTS with my 1st Lynch box....I went a little nuts buying modules. I think I went thru all of them. Then I got on the "boutique" amp phase. Sold off my MTS and bought a Splawn Nitro, then a Metaltronix, then A Egnater modded Marshall....I was buying, selling amps chasing down tones. Thinking that if they are more expensive, then THEY MUST SOUND BETTER RIGHT?? Sure.....
Anyow, Went back to the MTS with a Egnater Mod 50. Then I was buying all his modules. Someone turned me on to start "modding" the modules. That opened a WHOLE new world. Sold off the Egnater, bought another Lynch box and started again. Few more custom amps, Engl, Framus...and finally realized that the MTS can cover all that and then some! So sold off the other amps and went full force back into Randall. The good thing about this amp and modules, is that when you want to BUY OR SELL a module, its a very easy deal thru this forum. I never lost money or made money on them. They hold the re-sale value good. So you can filter out all the ones you dont want for your own tastes. I have my "PERFECT" amp now with my modules all MODDED PERFECT for what style I play and never been happier. Overall you cant go wrong.
This amp rules!
PS...once I changed out my Cab to a Lynch box 4X12 ....that really made a big difference in my tone. So every piece of the signal chain makes my amp "perfect for me" but can be altered so easily to fit anyones style. Swap tubes, Bias, etc......its awesome!
Yeah.....I am a Fan Boy! :D

GUITAR CENTER IN IOWA HAD A RM100 W 2 MODULES THAT SOLD FOR $399 I MISSED IT BY 1 FREAKIN' HOUR!!!!!!!!!

**** IT!!!!!!!!!

Anyhoo, Thanks to all for the information and funny business. I think I'm going the Head route. It seems to be the best option for what I'm trying to achieve. If I change my mind, which I do more than a girl. Then I will grab the Combo instead.

Frequency09 said:
GUITAR CENTER IN IOWA HAD A RM100 W 2 MODULES THAT SOLD FOR $399 I MISSED IT BY 1 FREAKIN' HOUR!!!!!!!!!

**** IT!!!!!!!!!

Anyhoo, Thanks to all for the information and funny business. I think I'm going the Head route. It seems to be the best option for what I'm trying to achieve. If I change my mind, which I do more than a girl. Then I will grab the Combo instead.

Thats got to be an april fools joke...

http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/index.cfm

Just type in Randall and check the Just Arrived Box.

They posted it yesterday. May be taken down in an hour.

I wish it was a joke. Then I would have missed out on nothing.

Oh well, I'm still looking for a good deal on one. I didn't think I'd find a deal like that.

Wow, I didn't even know my native state even had a Guitar Center! Now I don't feel like my score of an RM100 with JTM, Tweed, and XTC modules for $600 was as killer of a deal anymore...