GnR Mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff Hilligan was doing that mod whilst at Egnater.

It can still be ordered from Egnater in a dual version...the SL2x..not sure about Randall.

The old AFD/SL2X is really similar to the 1959RR. It was essentially a brighter, boosted Marshall flavor. I can build you a base mod that's very close to that tone for minimal cost as well. Just shoot me an email and we can discuss.

- Rob

Hilligan SL2X mod does it... I found my modded brahma does it even better! I was chasing this for ages and i had a couple buddies listen to my DIY brahma and they all agreed. It cuts like a knife. I need to set my stuff back up and record my modded brahma "brownstone" doing the GnR stuff.

Go to my soundclick page and click the "guns jam" tab. That was done with alnico II's and the Hilligan SL2X mod . http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1191247 Pretty close i think...

Rob would probably also get you there no problem.

sorry to bring up an old topic, but I modified my sl2 to sl2x and it sounds sort of close to the AFD tone. Is the hilliman sl2x the same as the sl2x that egnater sells new? or is that a special version? thanks!

The 1959rr Custom can get as close as anything ive heard as long as u get the 2/3 (#39) option rather than the diode clipping. nails it!
-mp-

I have an SL+ modded to hilligan specs in the classifieds check it out... let your ears decide based on my clips! I would imagine they are similar and the nice thing about my module is that it is a lot cheaper than an egnater module. That or you could go with JF's new #39 mod. Kind of defeats the purpose of my blurb to pump the module i'm selling but hey, I'm good like that :)