Grail

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only module I modded to have more bass in the input section. It comes with 500pF as stock...I went up to 1000 I believe.

Sounds best with chinese tubes IMO..at least in v1...I think I have an LPS in v2 of it right now. I really dislike the EH tubes that come as stock...too sterle for that module

Although there are some killer fat sounding lower gain and tones with more mids in this module, I usually don't stray too far from 12 o'clock with the EQ (Bass 11, Mids 11:30, Treble 1, Gain 12 to 1, Master 10 to 11)

I use a boost with it

its pretty close to a mesa with a good overdrive in front , without the boost i don't like either

Hey Pete, would it be possible to mod a Grail for more gain without messing with the stock tone?

6stringgrind said:
Hey Pete, would it be possible to mod a Grail for more gain without messing with the stock tone?

Yeah, you can add more gain, but it's going to get a little fuzzier/hairier sounding.

Pete

Juggernaut said:
O.K. I retract my first statement.................

Got my Randall XXL cab in today, rebiased...... :shock: sounds KILLER!

:D

what was wrong with the Bias? I thought u just put KT88s in?

DracoAran said:
JKD said:
The only module I modded to have more bass in the input section. It comes with 500pF as stock...I went up to 1000 I believe.

Sounds best with chinese tubes IMO..at least in v1...I think I have an LPS in v2 of it right now. I really dislike the EH tubes that come as stock...too sterle for that module

Although there are some killer fat sounding lower gain and tones with more mids in this module, I usually don't stray too far from 12 o'clock with the EQ (Bass 11, Mids 11:30, Treble 1, Gain 12 to 1, Master 10 to 11)

I use a boost with it

Hey JKD. How about I take that 500pF cap from ya?

LOLz...might cost more to post it than it's worth...buy my Schecter and I'll put it in the case :D

...I'll see if I can still find it :D