GSP1101 & 4CM??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ricky said:
You guys that are using the GSP/RM4 combo....what tubes would you recommend in the RM4?
Doesn't really matter, the GSP is very transparent.

Personally I like Tung Sols and EHx. If you are planning to go direct more than via a poweramp I'd say get some JJ's in there to smooth it out.

Thanks moJo.
I have been going direct more times than not. I do this gig every couple of weeks that has a kick as system with Meyers monitors. I am still getting some distortion when I do the direct thing vs. when I use a power amp and my own speakers. I can't seem to isolate it and thought that maybe it is the RM4. I will try some JJ 12ax7's in there and see if that helps.
ricky

ricky said:
Thanks moJo.
I have been going direct more times than not. I do this gig every couple of weeks that has a kick as system with Meyers monitors. I am still getting some distortion when I do the direct thing vs. when I use a power amp and my own speakers. I can't seem to isolate it and thought that maybe it is the RM4. I will try some JJ 12ax7's in there and see if that helps.
ricky
Is this when playing clean or distorted tones too?

Clean tones can spike in the volume a bit, distorted are of course compressed by nature. So maybe the trick it a compressor, kinda used as a limiter.

It is definitely on the clean settings like my JF super clean or my VooDoo Twin.
How would you set the compressor as a limiter on the GSP? Which model and what numbers do you think would work best? I can set the patch volume low and that helps, but then the module volumes are uneven.

Still getting the distortion on the clean mods or I just notice it more. Someone suggested that I might be over driving the tubes on the RM4. I will put another posting on the modules section about which tubes would be least likely to over drive in the RM4.
For you guys, I am finding that in using the clean modules, the distortion is very apparent even using phones on the GSP. Someone suggested looking at my loop stuff and there are som many places, I am not sure which one to try. Any hints? And when I get there, where would be a good starting point to roll it back to?
Thanks