have i said lately...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the mic elim simulates the sound of a mic'd speaker. (like the signal that would go to the soundboard from the sm57 on the speaker cab...for example) it's not a simulation of a speaker such as the palmer units. if you swapped speakers...the mic elim would still sound the same. i "believe" it was morphed from a v30 with an sm75 (normal), akg mic (bright), and another mic I cannot remember right now. i could be wrong but i vaguely rmemeber hearing that from someone here. possibly mr. reynolds. (RD/Man)

i use it in conjuction with an actual mic and pan the signals left and right respectively. sounds tremendous in the front of house.

RD/Steve said:
http://www.randallamplifiers.com/accessories/accessoryparts.asp

Ha!

I hate to say this...but try and find some old EVH Sheffields form the 5150 series. Man...I am telling you I switched back to those and they just have this thing...

How funny! I just sold 8 of them--Sheffield 1200 EVH 5150.

My MTS 2x12 kills my JCM 800 and 900 Marshall cabs. Just absolutely kills em. I have a '76 Marshall with blackback 25 watt celestions (all original) and it sounds great, just not as modern as the MTS. I may get a MTS 4x12 to go with my RM100 though. ;)

Note on the mic eliminator - another excellent thing about it is that you aren't relying on the mic sounding the same off the cab. You get a repeatable signal to the board with the mic eliminator, meaning a more consistent sound from gig to gig and a quicker easier setup. I like blending a real mic with the eliminator, but I've done the ME by itself and it works great!

Pete

our 2x12's are killer. used them for years in my stereo rig and was amazed at how much low end and projection they had. i bought into the Custom Audio Amplifier 2x12 mystic and promptly sold it because the randall's were just better, bigger, and fatter.

that is one of the reasons i went with the mts rig, was for the consistancy at our shows. just use the mic elim and all my old problems are gone. blend the two signals? even better. plus...i get the ultimate in flexability with the modules.

have i mentioned i love randall?

hent.

Latest posts