Heavy on the bass

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fretwire

Reaction score
Hi

I bought a 100W MTS head a ways back, just started using it live, previously using an Engl PowerBall. I find that with my Bogner 212 there's just too much bottom end so the sound gets a little wooly. I have the Plexi, Brown and XTC modules. Any suggestions? What cabs are you guys using?

Cheers

ya I run the density at no more than 9 oclock...and the bass knob at 10 to 12 on the XTC module...Egnater slant with Warehouse Vintage 30's with tone bras

hilly1212 said:
ya I run the density at no more than 9 oclock...and the bass knob at 10 to 12 on the XTC module...Egnater slant with Warehouse Vintage 30's with tone bras

whats a tone bra?

Thanks guys - I think the Density control could be the problem - I turn it to zero but I think the pot is faulty - it makes a lot of nasty noise - popping and scratching - when turned so I'll get it replaced - hopefully that'll brighten things up a little.

The 'Tone Bra' sounds interesting - perhaps if fastened tight enough it works like an amp capo??? :D

Is this the "tone bra" you are talking about?
eggiecab.jpg

If so how is it different from Weber Beam Blockers? I have been thinking of getting some for my cabs and I would love to hear about what you guys are doing.

Does the "tone bra" come in different sizes? Like a double D? :wink: